ECM wire plugs (2) came loose

DentMan

I was pulling one of the plugs off the ecm harness and 2 wires popped out of their sockets. Can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram to correctly reinsert the wires? thank you :)
photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

EDIT--- Have worked thru the diagrams and have all wires in the correct position, however now the car stumbles bad at idle and in drive forget about it.... its missing something awful as if only 5 cylinders are firing. NO codes... read on :(

When i got the wiring package back together i turned the car over and checked for codes, CODE41. Cam sensor fault so i turned the car off. checked the wiring harness and 2 wires werent all the way in the home position on the ecm. could they have touched? maybe.

The two wires in question are B12 Injector 5 and A11 CAM these two wires are neighbors in the ecm plug array. Sincevi had code 41 cam sensor fault thats why i went directly to the A11 to inspect. After I cleared all that up the car still runs really rough.

Last edited:
Thanks very much Eric! (and John Spina )

copied in the EDIT from the original post - new problem related to the 2 wires coming off

EDIT--- Have worked thru the diagrams and have all wires in the correct position, however now the car stumbles bad at idle and in drive forget about it.... its missing something awful as if only 5 cylinders are firing. NO codes... read on :(

When i got the wiring package back together i turned the car over and checked for codes, CODE41. Cam sensor fault so i turned the car off. checked the wiring harness and 2 wires werent all the way in the home position on the ecm. could they have touched? maybe.

The two wires in question are B12 Injector 5 and A11 CAM these two wires are neighbors in the ecm plug array. Since I had code 41 cam sensor fault thats why i went directly to the A11 to inspect. After I cleared all that up the car still runs really rough.

Last edited:
Also Id like to add I removed the powerlogger from the equation, the problem persists.

With the terminals pulling out of the connector, even with the retention comb, the terminals likely need to be replaced. Also need to get a comb for the CD connector, they hold the terminals in alignment so that they go over the ECM pins.

See the pic's here for how the terminals are retained in the connector housing:

http://www.dynamicefi.com/RePinHowTo.php

We carry the terminals but not the crimper. If you also require it Casper's carries both the terminals & crimp tool.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Here are some scanmaster values

TT chip e85 old ta49 turbo 60lb injectors hotwire the rest stock

shortly after startup
o2 677 and jumpy
af 10/16 jumpy
L8 53
bat 14.2
INT 128
BL 128
mph 0
clt 95
ats 66
r 950
tps .46
iac 62
cc counting as expected
nal 00

after warmup

o2 very jumpy 420/380 upto 720 back down to 400 over and over
af 07
l8 37
bat 14.1
INT 131/120 jumpy but within +/- 10 at all time
bl 125
mph 0
clt 162
ats 70
r 825
tps .46
iac 20
cc counting

With the terminals pulling out of the connector, even with the retention comb, the terminals likely need to be replaced. Also need to get a comb for the CD connector, they hold the terminals in alignment so that they go over the ECM pins.

See the pic's here for how the terminals are retained in the connector housing:

http://www.dynamicefi.com/RePinHowTo.php

We carry the terminals but not the crimper. If you also require it Casper's carries both the terminals & crimp tool.

RemoveBeforeFlight
i forgot to ask, what is the cd connector? is it the blue retention comb?

Thank you rmvbfrflt, wouldn't poor electrical connectivity tthrow an engine code?

Not always, remove the terminal for an injector wire and all that happens is a dead cylinder. Maybe after some running a code 44 will be set (lean O2).

RemoveBeforeFlight

i forgot to ask, what is the cd connector? is it the blue retention comb?

The connectors are ID'd by the first letter of the two rows of openings. The shorter connector is rows A & B, so it is the AB or A/B connector. The longer connector being rows C & D.

RemoveBeforeFlight