ECM Reset

GNBeswick

It's just a V6 Regal....
Recently I pulled my engine and changed the cam, headgaskets, and lifters. With these changes the car ran much better, but I noticed the ECM now resets itself all the time. The ECM will reset itself with just the ignition on, dont even have to start it. I've even seen it reset while I was trying to modify a value on the blm screen with my TurboTweak chip (went back to the default 128 while I was trying to get it to 121). What is also weird is when I try to set the values via blm screen, the numbers will fluctuate rapidly, generally +/- 1 number. I have also noticed on the TPS screen that that tps will do much the same thing, it will fluctuate rapidly between what it's set at and 2 degrees higher. For example, I have mine set at .42 - it will rapidly fluctuate between .42 and .44.
The car drives perfectly fine however and everything seems to work great when the engine is running. (except for my adjustments not being applied)
I've checked the battery cable to the starter, the grounds behind the head, and the ground off the battery to the front of the head. They all seem good, tight and not contacting any other wires or anything.
I'm completely stumped as to what is resetting the ECM every time I turn the ignition on. Before I pulled the engine, I never had any of these problems, my ECM had never reset.

Any ideas on what is causing this reset? I thought all my problems were finally solved when I put the engine back in. I should have known better.

Seems like there is no constant power at the ecm? That little orange wire damaged maybe? Not making a complete connection?

I checked the orange wire, seems to be fine. There was a constant flow through it. Another weird thing that happened is my odometer was reset. Only happened once...
But I thought it was strange.
I just think its weird it resets itself with only the ignition on and will more than once if you leave the ignition on and don't start. Don't seem to have problems when the car is running.

x2

Bad grounds are the gremlins of these cars. Did you make sure all of the grounding points were clean(no paint, grime, ect..)? Did you put all the gorund wires back where they were orginally? Did you powdercoat anything while it was down? Powdercoating will not transfer current.

A pinched wire somewhere also will wreak havoc.

I've been suspecting grounds as well. I can't however find any that seem bad.
What are all the locations for grounds? Maybe there is one I'm missing. Ididnt have anything powdercoated or changed. Everything remained the same except the mechanical changes.