Ebay Is Useless..

asd60303

Haven't used ebay for anything automotive in the last few months. Went on there today to see what TR parts where floating around. Did a search and came back with 2400 items of led lights, fart pipes, and other useless items. Even did the auction only style; only came back with power sellers/ebay store items. I changed around my search terms, still more garbage. I feel sorry for the people that genuinely try to use it.

with the fees they have along with paypal fees.. then the buyer has all the power to sleaze you out of a sale... wellll.. writing is on the wall. Ill buy some stuff there for an DD.

There is a flee market about 20 minutes from my house that was the coolest place to go shopping. It is massive and you always left with some cool old tool or item. Over the years the NEW IN THE PACKAGE CRAP SELLERS have taken over and now 99% of the 1000 tables is all new junk. Every few years I still go back just to be disappointed again.

It's exactly what has happened with EBAY. Just on a larger scale. I remember joining Ebay in 98 and over the next 5 years I bought allot of cool and rare items that people had in their basements and attics.

Those days are long gone.

D

Seems like there is an opportunity for someone to step up and create another site of what ebay was. Unfortunately it is short lived once the shills and cheaters catch on it ruins it for the little guy. Greed makes the likes of ebay morph their deal into a money generator instead of a service to sell things.

What ebay needs is a way to ignore sellers to weed out the junk but that will never happen. Ignore the power seller would be a great thing.

Ignore the power seller would be a great thing.

That would be good but it'll never happen. At almost 10% charge to sell something then add paypal fee's they will only make the site more accessible for selling junk.

I always thought of making a list of user names to put on the "ignore user id" in the ebay search and post it here but that would take quite some time. I bet i could get rid of about 90% of the useless sellers.

D

They don't police their site very well and it's now about getting their fees. I've sold quite a few things on the site and the fees were reasonable. Now they're rediculas. They even charge fees for the shipping money you get.:mad: And how is an engine or part for a toyota supposed to work on a Buick turbo car?o_O

ebay has turned into crap. It's even difficult to sell things legimitely on there. I had some iphones for sale and scammers kept on using the buy it now button. Took me a few weeks of relisting and dealing with ebay about the scammers.

They don't police their site very well and it's now about getting their fees. I've sold quite a few things on the site and the fees were reasonable. Now they're rediculas. They even charge fees for the shipping money you get.:mad: And how is an engine or part for a toyota supposed to work on a Buick turbo car?o_O

Many sellers were selling items for $.01 plus $9.99 shipping.

This went on for years, while Ebay charged 8% (give or take a few %) only on the amount sold, while the shipping was pure profit.

Forscing Ebay to charge on the entire gross amount was thanks to all the shady sellers over the years.

Now, Paypal's "refund fee" is whole 'nother story. :mad:

BTW...Amazon charges 15% off the top, including shipping, and is more popular than Ebay right now.

Go figure.

This the part that bothers me the most. Portable car vacuums were showing in my "buick grand national" search. If they could figure out a way to stop the spamming then it would be a good site to use again. The scamming is another issue however one will get that on any site. I had used clothes on there (abercrombie) from when I was younger that I tried 3 different times to sell. Each time it sold, none paying bidder. Shirts got demoted to garage wear lol. Is there a way to turn off items from a power seller showing up in searches?

If I do go on EBAY I usually filter my search for GN parts with USED Parts & Auction Items. Anything new on there is crap and anything Buy it Now is over priced and who has the time to look through 300 pages of crap.

Just reviewed the first 4 pages of search results, parts & accessories, 90+ percent was directly GN related. Some parts, some collectible / accessory parts, nothing you would find at your local Autozone, so I don't exactly know what you're expecting to find.

Just reviewed the first 4 pages of search results, parts & accessories, 90+ percent was directly GN related. Some parts, some collectible / accessory parts, nothing you would find at your local Autozone, so I don't exactly know what you're expecting to find.

You can't please everyone.

If I do go on EBAY I usually filter my search for GN parts with USED Parts & Auction Items. Anything new on there is crap and anything Buy it Now is over priced and who has the time to look through 300 pages of crap.

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed.

I'm looking for used parts. I'm not looking for watches, t-shirts, hats, colored lug nuts, stickers, car covers and/or blue radiator fans.

Ebay is basically crap anymore, but to weed through most of it do a search only in ebay motors which will eliminate all the toy, clothing, etc.

Then in the search bar type Buick Grand National -(minus)fits

That way you get rid of all of the stuff that supposedly "fits" the GN like v8 headers, cadillac vacuum ports, etc.

Ebay is basically crap anymore, but to weed through most of it do a search only in ebay motors which will eliminate all the toy, clothing, etc.

Then in the search bar type Buick Grand National -(minus)fits

That way you get rid of all of the stuff that supposedly "fits" the GN like v8 headers, cadillac vacuum ports, etc.
Great idea and thanks for the tip.:)