Ebay FMIC?

Uhhh....search...pay for what u get....if its too good to be true price wise theres a reason.

They have a 14 day return policy. Give it a shot. Let us know how it works.

D

The previous owner of my car put one on. Used the laser temp gun on his and used it on another car running a name brand intercooler and the ebay one cooled better. So i guess more expensive isnt always better

highboostgn said:
The previous owner of my car put one on. Used the laser temp gun on his and used it on another car running a name brand intercooler and the ebay one cooled better. So i guess more expensive isnt always better

Cant use a laser gun running down the 1/4 idling or post run means nothing loggi.g the inlet and outlet temps is a true test . The tanks blow open or off from the crap welds ...been there done that.

For those who are saying "search"...search is broke currently. Believe me, I've been on this board long enough to know how to search. Just asked a general non-intrusive question. So it appears nobody has really tried this kit. I'm not trying to make big power and don't want to run a stock location unit. Figured this might be a decent buy even if you have to make it work somewhat.

I put that ebay cooler on my car a couple years ago and the fit was decent, only had to drill two holes for the top mounts. I think it is a decent cooler if you aren't going to run high boost.

I have one of those FMIC and I will offer it to the person that wanted it first and if they decline I will sell it without the hoses and clamps cheap. I never used it so no feeback, sorry.

I have had a lot of IC's in the past including an Ebay IC. If you have access to a tig welder or know someone that can reinforce the welds, go for the Ebay IC until it blows. Otherwise, your stuck buying the expensive high quality crap.
I will say this tho. A GN IC with a Dutt neck will go pretty far.

I tried eBay headers once....would have taken 3 hours, a blowtorch and a hammer just to make them go together. It's hit or miss with fleabay

From what I've gathered they are ok for low boost applications. Once you start pushing some good air through them they start getting some psi drop. Lots of budget turbo builds around here use the ebay IC's, but anything that runs real boost has a quality cooler on it.