Ebay auctions of the day

Stupid question...

If you put up a spoof item, and bit on it using another name, say for 5K, and you win it to yourself, dont you need to pay Ebay their comission, despite you not paying yourself? I imagine a few % of 5K is an expensive joke no?

I think the commission is from putting the actual auction up for bids... the winner does not pay Ebay as far as I remember.

i want another soul so i dont have to go to hell:D

hey rollin, ive got 5 bucks for you all you have to do is sign this little peace of paper.;) :D ;)

Ebay Costs

It cost to sell an item on Ebay.

1. Initial Cost to place ad- minimal-simple .50 many bells and whisles much more.
2. After the sell, the comission on the selling price if sold example 1% not sure. they take it out of your account, visa, bank account or other account automaticlly.
3. If the seller is paid by Paypal an additional 3.8% +.30 is charged for the use of the visa or mastercard through Paypal.

So that little joke could actually add up.

*** so if you are selling on ebay you have to increase the shipping and handling charges so that item is worth the time and energy to sell it.***if not just give it way.

Only sold few items on ebay.

Some guy tried to sell his soul on ebay a few years ago, but they shut it down because it was "undeliverable goods" or something.. and the bidding was much higher then $5k..

Yet another useless fact of knowledge..