Eaton Posi Unit

Lee Thompson

Anyone using Eaton Posi with the carbon fiber clutches and 30 spline axles? If so, how is it holding up and at what HP level? Also how long has it been in service?

I have one that is 2 year old with 2 piece spider gears.

hmmm, mine's been in a little over a year with 30 spine Moser's....no probs yet

I'm running the same setup too. No problems in over a year.

Mine's going on three years, (but 28 spline) and still can lay stripes down even like it was a spool. Superior brand axles and high 11s.

30 Spline Mosers and Eaton unit and works well so far. You can really feel it on the turns and if you go with the heavy springs it will be like a spool!

can you say BOOM

I just got back from Dads and it looks like a bomb went off in the rearend. The only thing left intact was the two spider gears that the axles go thru. The other two were in 2 and 3 pieces. The metal plate that the two springs set in were mangled into a bunch of pieces. It also ruined the ring and pinion. He has run this posi unit for almost 2 years now with no problems. Eaton said they make their spider gears out of a different material now.

eaton unit and 30 spline axles

installed 1 last week with the moser 30 spline axles very smooth around sharp corners haven't abused it yet also can someone tell me the color coding on the springs it has the yellow ones hope I got the right ones for a mostly street driven car.

I'm just finishing up converting my rear end to a Chevy 12-bolt with Eaton posi and Moser 30 spline axles (the whole rear ind was put together by Moser). My Regal puts out about 500 rwhp. According to Moser, this setup should be fine up to about 900 hp.

Eaton

I called Eaton Thursday morning, crying my heart out to them, telling the rep. how disappointed I was in the durability of their unit and how they were advertising it as the next best thing to sliced bread. Told him I had been licking my wounds since 10:00 o/clock Wednesday night. He ask what I wanted to do. I say let me send this unit back and have it analyzed, but if it is going to take weeks, I can/t wait that long. He told me I would have a new one Friday before noon. It was shipped next day Fed Ex. Friday 11:00 Am I had a fresh one, suppose to have better material in making the spider gears. BTW, looking through the papers that came with the new one, it says synthetic lube is not recommended. They recommend GM lube and GM additive.