Eastern Performance FMIC Vs. Precision SLIC

Bowtie Mafia

I recently acquired an Eastern Performance FMIC for a deal from a friend. While I was putting my car together after a rebuild I was talking to a friend who was helping me. He was telling me if he were in my position he would get Precision's SLIC. He said the FMIC would restrict the flow to the radiator and I would need to upgrade my radiator and fan (both are currently stock). I am wondering if anyone has experience with that FMIC and if I would need to do the radiator upgrades, or if I should get the Precision SLIC and not worry about rising engine temps due to the radiator being blocked?

There are front mounts that really restrict airflow but Im not familiar with that one. Your radiator if original is on borrowed time anyway. Its getting up there so you'll probably recore or upgrade in the not so distant future anyway. Plus isn't the pte slic pretty pricey?

You have to take into consideration what your plans for the car are. Is it a daily driver in stop and go traffic? FMIC might not be the best idea. Im pretty sure the eastern performance units are over 4" thick which would restrict air flow to the radiator. The precision units are sweet and pretty much the best of the best for a SLIC and can move enough air for 700+ HP. The easern coolers are supposed to be nice units as well but id bet the precision units are capable of supporting more power (im not 100% sure). Are you wanting to run 10's? either cooler would work. 7's? neither one would work...like i said above you need to tell us what your goals are for the car.

I would put the esp intercooler on since you already have it and drive the car and see how it does...if its getting too hot upgrade the cooling system like Red C5 recommended or switch to a SLIC as its an easy swap. ALSO read my signature and learn from my mistake.

I have had an ESP front mount on my car since '98 on my daily driver. I had the stock radiator on the car up until '10 and then I upgraded it to the Auto Zone Camaro one because the stock one had cracked at the filler neck and a leak at the hose on the top. I am still using the same stock cooling fan and driving the car at least 3 days a week about 75 mile round trip and 2 days a week putting around town trying to find a decent shop to paint my car for a reasonable rate (another story). That front mount has lasted thru 2 motor rebuilds , 3 turbo upgrades ( 63,66,69) and it has been beat to death , crushed pipes (loading the car on an improperly angled trailer at the track) and a pin hole leak.

My intent is 11's as a daily. I think I am planning on putting on the fmic while outside temps are cooler and see what happens in spring, when the ambient temps rise again. So an OEM radiator would work?

slap it on and drive around to see. if it doesnt work, put a better radiator on it.

I ran an ESP Front mount on my 11 second Buick for 2 years....With a 160 Tstat the car never got over 165-170...not even in rush hour traffic.

I bought it from him and never had problem either although I bought a new radiator at the same time

Awesome, thanks. I plan on installing it and going from there. I feel more comfortable knowing others have used the same thing and had no problems with overheating. Thanks guys.