east coast buick performance meet

skyhawk

oct. 11 and 12 at cecil county dragway in maryland. 35 dollars a day for preregistration. test and tune on friday with gamblers races. Sat. test and tune and full race program. Good payout to all winners and this track is extremely fast. For more info call 845-528-GSGN or email NCsord4@aol.com

This is a fun time. A couple of us have been going for the past couple of years. I think we'll have about 5 racers this year.

Look for the big red tent.
-Banning.

[from the gnttype list]
The 6th Annual East Coast Meet is coming up soon, and the pre-registration deadline is almost here. Held at Cecil County Dragway in Northeast, MD. Take Exit 100 (Rt. 272) off of I95 west to the light at the junior college, go left for about 1/4 mile, turn left (look for the small sign) and the track is on the left after about 1 mile. Host hotel is the Crystal Inn just east of I95. Besides the leaded and GT104 unleaded at the track, about 2 miles further east than the Crystal Inn, at the intersection of Rt. 272 and Hwy 40, is a Sunoco that sells GT98 unleaded in case anyone is interested :).

Friday is Buick only test and tune from 9 am until 5 pm, then the normal test and tune until 11 pm.

Saturday is test and tune from 9 am until 1 pm, then eliminations. There will also be a car show in the spectator parking area all day Saturday.

$35/day pre-registration (due by September 23 - only six days!!!)
$50/day at the gate

Send pre-registration to Bill Ross, c/o East Coat Buick Meet, 213 North Brown Leaf Road, Newark, DE 19713. Make checks payable to: East Coast Regionals".

For more information contact Doug Dougherty (302) 653-2201, John Csordas (845) 528-4746, or Griff Atkinson (410) 771-4091.

the east coast nationals at cecil county is also open to non buicks for test and tune only on fri and sat. 50 bucks each day. on fri you can make unlimited runs. 40 passes easily. tell your friends to bring some non buicks so we can beat up on them. contact john csordas for more info. 845-528-GSGN

Update:
The preregistration Price is $30 per day and the payment must be received by Sept. 30th

I received a flyer from Mr. Atkinson in the mail last night with the above info.

I am not sure if the Fee and Reg. dates changed but thankfully I dropped a check for $70 in the Airborne Overnight box yesterday at work:mad:

HTH..........someone else:rolleyes:

<disregard this>I just spoke with one of the club members and they dropped off about 40 tickets at NuCar Chevrolet in New Castle. </disregard this>

Sorry, there was some confusion there...
The NuCar Chevrolet Performance department has the ticket ORDER FORMS. (what you'd use to get the discounted ticket price).

Here's the address & phone number...

NuCar Chevrolet 174 N. DuPont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720

**Ask for Bob in the Performance Parts Dept.**

-Banning.

Sorry about the price confusion, guys. The price last year was $35 but they went back to $30 this year. I wanted to get the info posted as far in advance of the deadline as possible and went from memory, sigh. I too mailed in $70 and got a very nice phone message Friday telling me to pick up the $10 refund at the track, so don't panic if you mailed in too much :).

According to Accuweather Tropical Storm Kyle is Creeping toward the Northeastern US, expecting Landfall Fri or SAT of Next week!!
Just in time to WASH OUT Cecil!!:(

It Figures!!!

I drove up last year in the rain. What a treat. The Drag Radias have even less tread this year. The slicks will be replacing the back seat, I guess they won't help in the rain!

Weather will be great for the East Coast Nats!! We are finally due a break. Temps will be in the 70's with no rain in site. This should be our biggest turnout ever going by the pre-registrations that have come in so far. Gamblers race on Friday will be open to Buicks as well as the non-buicks that will be testing. See you guys Friday AM.

Originally posted by J Banning
Yeah, what the F? I've been waiting all year for this!

-B

Oh, like I haven't!! Its one of my favorites too. Thats why I've been keeping an eye to Accuweather.com. It now seems like Kyle changed directions and they no longer believe its a threat! Thankfully!!!

I hate to burst your bubble, Skyhawk, but the weather poses a threat with rain covering across the entire weekend board from what I've seen. Only low chances, like 30-40%, but it's still there. I'll be pretty upset. I took off an 11 hour work day Saturday, and if it rains, I wont be happy. I'll just have to take off for the rain date too, since I already preregistered for $30 bucks. Work likes to give me a hard time about requesting off, but I'm not just throwing away my money that I already paid. I dont exactly have it like that.

Rain dates are always TBA. They'll announce it. I know one of the guys in charge of the whole event anyway, so I have first hand notification. Lucky me.

IF it rains, I'll post the rain date here for everyone ASAP if no one beats me to it. Dont worry. I'll post under this "Event News" section.

Thanks Alot,

Please keep us posted on the rain date, if the wheather does not hold out.

RAIN SUCKS!

Accuweather 4:15 Update:

THURSDAY NIGHT...RAIN AND DRIZZLE LIKELY. LOWS 55 TO 60. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...RAIN AND DRIZZLE LIKELY. HIGHS NEAR 60. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...RAIN AND DRIZZLE LIKELY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 50S.
CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF **RAIN**. HIGHS IN THE LOWER
60S.

Fridays Out, Now Most Likely Sat. as Well...:( :(

It Friggin Figures!

No rain! :(

NO RAIN!! :)

NO RAIN!!! :D

It can't rain... I just got the bugs worked out of my car and am destined to go FAST!

-Banning.

I was planning on going both days also, but remember if it is rained out, we always have Englishtown Nov. 10th as a back-up.

Just went to the NuCar Chevy performance center tonight to pick up my new M&R 5 point harness (VERY nice by the way) and they have their fliers printed up for their annual customer appreciation day & car show at Cecil County Dragway. It'll be on 10/26, and it's FREE to their frequent customers. I'll be there for that.

Oh yeah, and I'll definately be at E-Town on 11/10 for B vs. M.;)

-Banning.