Eagle Forged cranks are BACK! Great deals!

Mike Licht

I was here first
Are they internal or external balance ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

These are internal balance, an external balance version is possible later but not available at this time

Later came sooner than I thought :) the external balance cranks will shipping to customers in two weeks. They use the stock balancer and flexplates. They sell for $619.99 we are taking orders now! You ill not be charged until the day it ships to you from here.
Mike

Eagle rates them to 1000HP I have never seem one break so I believe these will work in all but the most extreme motors
Mike

I'm about to pull the trigger on a steel crank so this is awsome!
1 Question, being I need a crank (re-balance needed anyhow) what other items would be needed to go internal vs external? Thanks, Jon

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not really true the reason they are 4140 which is what they always have been is material rating and capability. They are rated to 1000HP if your making more than that you need something different. Also China material rating is different that US. US 4340 is nothing like China 4340. Eagle conforms to US standards. Either way I have never seen one of the current steel cranks from anyone break without something else failing first. I know I will put these cranks up against any of the others out there right now for strength, quality and finish.

Not really true the reason they are 4140 which is what they always have been is material rating and capability. They are rated to 1000HP if your making more than that you need something different. Also China material rating is different that US. US 4340 is nothing like China 4340. Eagle conforms to US standards. Either way I have never seen one of the current steel cranks from anyone break without something else failing first. I know I will put these cranks up against any of the others out there right now for strength, quality and finish.

let me try to understand this
basically the current china 4340 cranks that everyone has been using is of the same grade as the eagle 4140 because the US spec 4140 is similar to china 4340? I thought eagle was made in china as well?

All I am going to say here is that US 4340 is extremely tough stuff and the 4340 that comes from that part of the world is not even close and does not have to conform to the same specifications.

If these are new,how could you have seen one fail? I don't understand what you're saying.

These have been produced before, this is just the latest batch.
Great crankshafts. I have one of the old 3.4 stroke versions and it has worked very well.

These have been produced before, this is just the latest batch.
Great crankshafts. I have one of the old 3.4 stroke versions and it has worked very well.
The cranks that Eagle used to sell were 4340. Was there someone else who sold 4140 cranks?

Oh,now I see what he is saying.

In order for 4140 steal to be called 4140 steal,it has to have certain ingredients in its recipe. The major difference between the recipes of different countries,is in the amounts of the same ingredients. Each country uses the same ingredients. The difference is in the amount of each ingredient used.

I have two concerns about anyone claiming that this American forged 4140 crankshaft is the same as the Chinese forged 4340 we have been using. My first concern is that the 4340 formula has nickel as one of its ingredients. Nickel increases the tinsel strength and flexibility of forged steel. While it is true that different countries use different amounts of the same ingredients,4140 doesn't have nickel of any amount in its formula,weather it's made in the US or anywhere else in the world. The 4340 will always have more strength and take more abuse than the 4140,no matter where it comes from.

The second problem I have with someone comparing the US 4140 to the Chinese 4340 is the claim that the 4140 is forged in the USA. It comes from the same Suxin plant in China where all of the 4340 cranks are forged. And yes,they use the 4140 formula that meets Chinese specs.

Perhaps it is a viable alternative,but it's not the same.
Might be out of line but how could you know so much about metallurgy and not spell "steel" and "tensile" correctly?

Might be out of line but how could you know so much about metallurgy and not spell "steel" and "tensile" correctly?
How did I not notice the spell check? If I can't spell those two words,everything I think I know must be wrong. What part of what I wrote is incorrect?