E85 after one year.

dvernst

Installed a double pumper with 2 Walbro 255 lph pumps last year. Just dropped the tank today, and one filter sock was pretty dirty. It was real dark, and had some debris on it. The plastic fuel tubes I used turned from white to this rust color red. Not sure why. Inside of the tank looks great.

Attachments

• 1403394122136.jpg
    1403394122136.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 281
take pictures of the inside of the tank if you can
I already put it back together. There was nothing to see though. The plastic baffle looked normal, and the finish was perfect... I'm going to cut apart the fuel filter tomorrow.

Filter sock on the right is from the lower #1 pump in the tank

Attachments

• 1403397298099.jpg
    1403397298099.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 258
It was strictly e85. After I initially put it together I had to take it back apart, and did notice that the plastic tubes had started turning a little pink. That was after a day or two. At the end of last summer I did put some Lucas Ethanol stabilizer in it. The e85 tested this morning at 81% ethanol, which I thought was pretty good. I don't think the stabilizer had anything to do with the discoloration.

Decided to cut the filter open tonight. That looked absolutely perfect inside.

Attachments

• 1403404546204.jpg
    1403404546204.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 241
Which myth?

Paper filters getting clogged in no time on E85...

Tanks Rusting after a few months of E85 .. lines turning into Jello in 1 season

I've run the stuff in my turbocharged Cobra for almost 10 years now ... the car does a lot of sitting ... still haven't seen anything E85 has damaged ..

I can see the filters getting dirty right after a conversion as it cleans everything out.. after that initial filter change .. if you change once a year its a dead issue ...

Filters look great !

Paper filters getting clogged in no time on E85...

Tanks Rusting after a few months of E85 .. lines turning into Jello in 1 season

I've run the stuff in my turbocharged Cobra for almost 10 years now ... the car does a lot of sitting ... still haven't seen anything E85 has damaged ..

I can see the filters getting dirty right after a conversion as it cleans everything out.. after that initial filter change .. if you change once a year its a dead issue ...

Filters look great !
I ran leaded fuel for years, so I'm wondering the dirty filter sock was from lead residue? There was a decent amount of debris that I'm not too sure what it would be from, unless it came right out of the pump like that. Also wondering what made the lines discolor, but um not worried about it. I cut them open,and they were clean in the inside.

I just put a Fram fuel filter on it today. We'll see how it works. Last one was AC Delco

I just put a Fram fuel filter on it today. We'll see how it works. Last one was AC Delco

Try WIX next time ... tad more .. but overall a better filter .. run tandem if you don't mind a little extra work

I want to!
Doesn't apply to you, but many people are buffalo'd into buying that expensive Teflon hose when ya don't need it. Been over a year with braided rubber lines and they don't look like jelly! Matter of fact, I pulled one tonight and rubbers holding up pretty good.

Doesn't apply to you, but many people are buffalo'd into buying that expensive Teflon hose when ya don't need it. Been over a year with braided rubber lines and they don't look like jelly! Matter of fact, I pulled one tonight and rubbers holding up pretty good.

Hmmm .. I would have thought the E85 would have melted through the braiding already .. :)