E.T. predictions

87regal

No soup for you!
Trying to get an idea what my car might run with what I will have in the motor.

Eventualy I wanna run high 14's, but right now I wont have all the parts for that. The motor is going together real soon.

So far its a stock rebuild 3.8. I have a stock 4bbl intake and carb from my 4.1(using the gasket from a 80 turbo moter, smaller egr port I believe?), hooker headers, and a 3200 stall TCS converter. What do you think it might run? oh btw, its a peg-leg 3.08 and I have the 200r4 with OD

Hopefully in the not to distant future I will add some port work to the heads and possibly intake if needed, and either a 218/218 or 224/224 cam, which ever will still allow me to pass CA emisions.In that tune I hope to hit High 14's but I may need more gear, I wanna see how fast I can go NA and stick with the 3.08 for now.

TIA

Well, you're starting with a 19 second car. I guess maybe you have knock off a second or two.

If it were me, my next move would be the gears. With a Buick V6 NA and 200-4R even Buick used 3.42. I would go with at least a 3.73. Find a '85/88 Monte SS and get the rear.

high to mid 16's at best...3200 is too much converter for a stock cam, peak torque is probably near 2000 rpm. It will work well with a 224 cam, if you get it to stall that high. Definitely go with more gear when you get the chance. GB