E-bay VENTING!

Little6pack

I SWEAR EBAY GETS CRAZIER BY THE DAY! :mad:

IS IT SOMETHING IN THE CALLY WATER? :eek:

I had a bunch of my sons soccer & baseball cleats he outgrew so I started listing a few. After listing 2 pairs I get message that says I can't list anymore because I am flooding the category?? WTF?

I call up and tell the guy this is the season to sell these type items what is wrong with you people? it does me no good to sell this chit in winter or after the season begins.:mad:

O brother!!! Now that they are just, for the most part, another internet retailer with a few sellers locking up each category they want to give you a hard time. Individuals like you selling stuff is what made ebay.

What happens if you list them anyway?

They say ya have to have a bank account tied in to them in order to bid over...do not recall, maybe $15K. I was considering a car, so I opened a new account with a $100 too try to limit my exposure - never did link up but still let me bid...so their rules do not seem to mean much.

I swear the rules change daily.

we have account for wife & self

on my account they restricted my selling because of low detail ratings.

I argue the point when selling vintage 1 off antiques it is hard to describe items from years ago before your time or how they are used. I am not an expert in every item I sell.
Yes newer items I test but with electronics it is tough to know every detail.

I was selling old slot cars as is UNTESTED for parts.

The buyers are brutal soon nobody will be selling any vintage fun old chit.:mad:

I guess that is the New Ebay way. :(

Yeah

i swear the rules change daily.

We have account for wife & self

on my account they restricted my selling because of low detail ratings.

I argue the point when selling vintage 1 off antiques it is hard to describe items from years ago before your time or how they are used. I am not an expert in every item i sell.
Yes newer items i test but with electronics it is tough to know every detail.

I was selling old slot cars as is untested for parts.

The buyers are brutal soon nobody will be selling any vintage fun old chit.:mad:

I guess that is the new ebay way. :(
it seems that about every other thing i buy from ebay i have to set up a case to get it right .ebay has turned to bullchit.. I ordered zombieland for my son and got terminator salvation how could you screew that up ... Still waiting on the outcome on that one mean while im out the money ..

EBay has gone down hill.

Flooding?!
The silver bar and coin section is ruined by some guy "digiweigh-pocket-scales" who sells over priced flea market silver clad/layered items at ridiculous prices. I complained many times but since he is a 17,000 + "power seller" (power scammer) they turn a blind eye.
Here is an example of an Qianlong Period (18th century) silver bars he sells:
(note the outlandish price!)
12 x 4.7oz ANCIENT SILVER CLAD BULLION BAR 56 OUNCE | eBay

He also puts inaccurate descriptions in his titles to display his junk when you try to search for particular items.

I can't remember the last time I actually bought anything through eBay. I search there a lot but when I find what I want I go to the sellers website and make the purchase. I wouldn't pi$$ down ebays throat if its gut were on fire.

I have actually bought a bunch through amazon lately with good results. I like an auction as much as the next guy but when the "deck" is stacked against the little guy I am out. Even some of the sellers on here seem to have the I am the balls, so don't waste my time. Others are great to deal with. They know who they are. Just seems like I am a cheapskate and yet I am.

Flooding?!
The silver bar and coin section is ruined by some guy "digiweigh-pocket-scales" who sells over priced flea market silver clad/layered items at ridiculous prices. I complained many times but since he is a 17,000 + "power seller" (power scammer) they turn a blind eye.
Here is an example of an Qianlong Period (18th century) silver bars he sells:
(note the outlandish price!)
12 x 4.7oz ANCIENT SILVER CLAD BULLION BAR 56 OUNCE | eBay

He also puts inaccurate descriptions in his titles to display his junk when you try to search for particular items.

That's dirty I guess he could claim that it is obvious that it is not real silver because of the price - but that is because I did the math to learn just how unfair this might be - DAMN less then half price. Of course nobody sells metals for half their value, only then did I bother to read the listing. NOT silver bullion, but zinc and some plating that might not even be silver!!!

There is a Report link on the page

Anything ebay has from those retailers is probably available elsewhere too - screw them, there needs to be another REAL auction site.