Dynoed the GTP last night

mandersgtp

Wow, this gives me even more incentive to save up for a TB. I was the first FWD to be dynoed at Amazon Racing by Rick Erdman. I was on the Mustang Dynomometer so add 20% to get the normally used dynojet numbers. Now to the disappointing stuff:

208.7WHP@6000RPM
216.9 lbs. ft torque @ 4500RPM

Heck, I may have to start watching out for Civics.

Originally posted by 86brick
You are definitely making more power than that judging by the times in your sig, but if you want a really nice GTP with TB power and you have $55K........

http://www.conleyracing.com/CarCorral/GrandPrix/Grand_Prix.htm

:D ;)

that thing is sick...

imagine driving that on the streets...everyone knows a Grand Prix is just a daily driver family car right? WRONG! you could blow away anything with that car...wow but for a hefty price of course!

judging by your 1/4 mile mph either your car weighs 2800 # or those dyno #'s are off by a significant amount...:cool:

what's your car weigh?

I just ran those # through hp calculator and it estimates a touch over 300hp at the flywheel. What's your car weigh?

Don't put too much stock in dyno numbers, manders. The REAL dyno is the timers at the track. Dyno numbers are good for comparing against other dyno numbers taken from the SAME dyno and not much else. Your car runs good. It runs what it runs at the track no matter what the dyno says and that's all that matters. A TR would give you tons more potential, though. ;)

The weight he put in was 3750, but I know the curb weight is 3600 and there's no way Rick only weighs 150, lol. I always thought that your MPH in the 1/4 was an estimate of horsepower, but that is obviously not true. A friend of mine with a 2002 WS6 dynoed his when he was at 104mph in the 1/4 and put out 322rwhp. Oh well...on to bigger and faster things:D

I bet that was on a different dyno. though, manders. I bet if your car had been dyno'd at the same time as his your numbers would have been alot higher. Also, if he dyno'd his car at the same time you recently did your's his numbers would have been way down. I understand the same car's numbers can vary widely from dyno to dyno so it's hard to compare your numbers to a another's obtained from a different dyno machine. Your 1/4 mile mph can not be argued with, however.

DONT FEEL BAD. LET THE 1/4 MILE #'S SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. BTW, MUSTANG DYNOS ARE TRASH. I MADE 277 RWHP AND 345 RWTQ WITH THE PRESENT COMBO @ 25 PSI, 0 KNOCK, 7:1 A/F RATIO. CAR NEVER RAN RICH LIKE THAT ON THE STREET, MUSTA BEEN THE DYNO.

amazon racing is about 5 minutes from my house. it's anice place but those mustangs dyno's are complete trash. i wouldn't go with those numbers if i was u.

Yea, something is definitley up with those #'s. My GTP with a fouled plug, Fenderwell intake, and some exhaust work put down 210 whp and somewhere in the 250-60 torque range at the wheels. Nice times though :cool: