dyno numbers- questions.

turbosam6

My cars suck
I dynoed the car today. 394 horsepower at the wheels. 473 lbs. of torque. This was with the stuff in my sig. at about 20 lbs. boost. I was hoping for 450 horse. The only thing was I could have set the boost higher and the air fuel was 12:1, slightly rich. Do you think if I get the air fuel in check and add x amount of boost, I can reach my goal? Don't know what else to do for more power. No knock at all though, so thats good. Thanks.

Decent numbers! I'd think you could reach your goals with some more tuning and a few more psi boost. That 62 will easily go 23-26 psi and be efficient. Key, of course, is no knock, which we all know! "They" say that one psi is good for 10-15 horses.

was the convertor locked??

i assume that it wasnt locked up cause my bone stock tta laid down 330 horse and 430 torque at 19 psi--100% FACTORY stock with K&N filter, chip, and locked convertor
still had the cat convertor, everything was stock

from my experiance on the dyno- if the car is tuned in pretty good on the street, and you go to the dyno the first pass on the dyno is about close to what your going to get

you can try dialing in the car, but i have yet to gain more than 30h.p. after i get it strapped on the dyno-

did you have a race chip, race gas, ??

i too ran rich as heck on the dyno, i couldnt get my 02's below 823's.... but i think thats cause the air doesnt rush into the intercooler like your doing 120 mph either!!!

Hey Sam
Sorry I wasn't around to take a real good look at your car. Were you using a laptop or not? If not you should have said something I had mine with and would have loaned it out for sure.

Another question what did you do different from your car then last time you ran? Last time you had 322 to 394 this time.

A/F you want to be around 13.6 and for surely I think you will be able to get your goal with that much more boost and the correct A/F.

Well that means I have to do more work to mine. Thanks to Aaron I believe I will be pulling my motor one more time to get everything gone over with a fine tooth inspection to see what my underlying problem is.

Thanks for coming out. ATR and myself really appreciated it.

I didn't need a laptop, as I still use a scanmaster. Thanks though. The question isn't what did I do since last time its what didn't I do! New motor, cam, heads, convertor, which, BTW was not locked because you don't lock precision ind. convertors. The car wasn't tuned at all on the street, and my first pull of 348 hp shows it. I know theres more in it. I'm scared to lean it out more because of detonation, but its too rich, so I gotta do something. I plan to dyno it more when I have more time. I've heard these turbos don't really start working great until 23 psi or so. Chassis dynos sure are handy, aren't they?

For your boost levels, I do not think you were too far off. I would guess 20-30. I have similar bolt ons as you, but I have a bone stock motor. I dynoed mine at 21lbs and made 350HP with 453lbs.
If your car is dialed in with about 22-23lbs it should hit 450+ no problem. Good Luck