Dyin' over here- need mosquito bite remedies!

turbosam6

My cars suck
I was hanging out in the garage saturday night with the other gearheads at my buddy's house, and despite the citronella candles, I got ate alive. Me being the ultra cool young hipster I am, I was wearing shorts and sandals. I got like 50 bites on my feet and legs, and I'm literally considering amputation! I am dying over here, what can I do to stop the itch? Please reply fast, driving my car with no legs is gonna suck.

Originally posted by turbosam6
I was hanging out in the garage saturday night with the other gearheads at my buddy's house, and despite the citronella candles, I got ate alive. Me being the ultra cool young hipster I am, I was wearing shorts and sandals. I got like 50 bites on my feet and legs, and I'm literally considering amputation! I am dying over here, what can I do to stop the itch? Please reply fast, driving my car with no legs is gonna suck.
I guess you can cut off the legs ,since the car is not going anywhere:rolleyes: :(with out da motor)
maybe try Calomine lotion..

Not even, my new motor will be here soon. Spoke with Nick today and it may be done in the next couple weeks! The cars ready for it too. Speaking of which, you need to buy my old motor Dennis. I know you got the money what with working 25 hours a day!:D Plus I still got the Lightning, so I'm not completely sol. But I did lose to a modded mustang the other night. No traction. I know I can get him at the track, but that truck does not hook at all on the street.

Anyway, back to the problem at hand. These damn skeeters are tryin' to kill me! If theres any west nile virus in my area, I got it, cuz all the damn 'skitos in my area bit me. I tried some baking soda/ water mixed, supposed to dry them up, but only made a big mess for momma to clean up.:D I think I got some athletes foot spray in the cabinet, wonder if that will work? At this point I'll try sacrificing chickens if it would help.

Try putting Vinegar on them. My wife is a Homeopathic Doctor & she says use it & reapply as needed. If that doesn't help She can help!!

OK, I tried that. Not sure if its working or not. As if my feet didn't smell bad enough on their own! Not sure if the smell is worth the releif. But it might be working! Hard to say, my old lady puts the vinegar in the fridge, so its damn near frozen, so I can't tell if I feel just the cold or if the itching has stopped. Whats the idea behind the vinegar anyway?

Maybe an anti-histamine will help...especially if you have something strong like Claritin or Zyrtec or something. If not, a Benydrel may be just as effective.

I know some people that use vinegar for everything - cleaning floors, washing windows, stopping itching, etc. So did it work?

Are you going to have the car ready for the Midwest Challenge? Just wondering!

ShariB

I bet if I put the vinegar on before they wouldn't bite me!

It kinda worked, could be better.

I hope to have it done by the midwest challenge. Might be a mad thrash.

Just an update, I think the vinegar is working OK. It sure does stink though. Tell your wife I said thanks.

Re-apply at least 3-4 times during the nite. The vinegar is an acid & will draw the poison out of the skin!! HEY its only Vinegar!! Good Luck!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

My Doctor says to rub Pickles on the ,,then squirt some mustard on there,,then rap with Salami,but he says dont leave it for more than 1 hour....:rolleyes: :D :D :D
I worked from 9 to 5 ( lastnight till this evening)that explains some of the docotrs answers....

A hot bath should help the swelling and inflamation.

Try it as hot as you can stand. The increased blood circulation will reduce the inflamation very quickly. A hot tub is goooood :)

My ex used to have some stuff from Avon that I think was called Skin so Soft. It worked like a champ at keeping them away. For the itch, try Benedryl or calamine lotion

i know i like to use a bug bite/bee sting stick that has ammonia in it... another stinkie one, but it works great :) hope they get better soon ;)

Dennis, are you tryin' to retire at 35 or what? You're gonna work yourself to death dude!

Another buddy told me about the hot bath thing, but I have very sensitive skin, so hot water bothers me. I once got in the shower with my g/f and nearly got burnt, but she was fine. I get all red and stuff.

I think "chiggarid" has ammonia in it. Sure stings though. So far the vinegar is working. I counted like 30 bites and gave up. Bastards. I hate all bugs. I went to the pest control place today and was looking at a display of various bugs. They serve no theory other than to feed birds, who also piss me off. Theres gotta be something we can do to rid the world of bugs.

Originally posted by turbosam6
Dennis, are you tryin' to retire at 35 or what? You're gonna work yourself to death dude!

Another buddy told me about the hot bath thing, but I have very sensitive skin, so hot water bothers me. I once got in the shower with my g/f and nearly got burnt, but she was fine. I get all red and stuff.

NO Sam ,Cant retire at 35,cause that was about 10 days ago:(
YEah my skin is sensitive also,,Cant get in those hot tubs ,even if there were 10 nude blondes in there---Well maybe I could ,but it would take about 15min of splashing the water on my skin...us Beafcake guys are sensitive ,,,,awwww:rolleyes:

1.) Wet tea-bags rubbed on bitten areas for 3-5 minutes.

Same principle as the vinegar (contains a different, more palatable & less odoriferous acid), plus also has astringent qualities.

2.) Over the counter at the drugstore, look for any product that has a "caine" in it along with hydrocortisone.

HTH :)

The vinegar and ammonia are interesting cures. Do these just relieve the symptoms or actually help cure the bites?

If anyone has seen the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, you'll remember the father with the Windex to cure everything. Same theory?? :D

i like tobacco, just chew up a cigar and spit it on the bite, it works really good on bee stings to.