Dum Stunt

86george

union member
Tricked myself again today.Cars running in the garage so i'm pulling plug wires off and sparks are shooting ever where.Engine dies and i check wires make sure they're all on good.Restart engine and now it's running rough but finally smooths out.Take it down the road for a little drive and get in to boost a little and it starts breaking up right away.Not good.Back in the garage and start checking stuff.I'm thinking i fried something with the sparks shooting all over.Tap maf,no change,unplug maf engine dies.Ohmed the coil pack alls good.Engine idles smooth and at low rpms fine but as soon as the rpms come up it starts breaking up.Just like a 2 step. Wait a minute i have a 2 step.Sure enough i'd activated the 2 step.Trying to kick my own ass.Dum old fart.:rolleyes:

You're lucky you didn't get shocked.

I don't like pulling plug wires on this car.Too big a shock for a guy my age.I wear a rubber glove over a cotton glove and it still scares me.I used to pull'm on old chevys bare handed and was more concerned about a header burn than the shock.:eek:

So why are you pulling wires off a running engine? If you are looking for a bum cylinder or engine miss you can ground them out with a test light without removing them to kill each cylinder.

You're lucky you didn't get shocked.

I don't like pulling plug wires on this car.Too big a shock for a guy my age.I wear a rubber glove over a cotton glove and it still scares me.I used to pull'm on old chevys bare handed and was more concerned about a header burn than the shock.:eek:

The reason I said this is because when the C3I system was created it killed 5 techs at the GM training shop. It will produce up to 120k in voltage and it has amperage behind it as well. It can stop your heart. Please don't do it again.