Dual radiator fan clearance issues??

Luke

I'm considering going with a dual radiator fan setup for my Turbo T. I have a Precision front mount and the charge pipe from the turbo comes very close to the fan as it is (within 1 cm). What dual unit fan fits best with the Precision front mount setup?

Anybody?

There's gotta be someone with the precision front mount using dual radiator fans... Any help is appreciated.

Here's what I have.

This is the only picture I have on me right now. I can take more tonight... You can see that charge pipe fron the turbo to the intercooler is right up on the stock fan. The pipe actually protrudes past the outer plastic supporting the fan. The pipe is less than 1 cm away from the fan blades. Are the dual fans narrower than the original?

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 243
Alright, now the ramchargers fans, even though they are out of business, that is still the same style you will go with, there is a slight gap in between the two fans. Now what i reccommend is that you measure the pipe to the "T" abd cut off as much you can that connects to th turbo, so it pulls the curved portion into the motor. The ramchargers dual fan set up is also slightly thinner and not as wide so between the two it should work perfect. Any other questions let me know.

I went with the Flex-A-Lite dual pancake fan set up. I was in the same situation with a front mount that has 3" pipes that would not clear the stock fan. When I measured the space between the radiator and the up-pipe it was maybe 4" so the pancake fans fit perfectly with about a half inch to spare.

I'm using Spal dual fans with my PTE front mount. My fans are offset to the left just enough to clear the pipe, about 1/2" clearance or so. I'm also using an Fbody radiator which is slightly thinner than a stock one.

I have the PTE front mount with Ramchargers dual fans with a 3row rad, it's close but fit's ok. been on the car this way for years.

Thanks guys.

I have an aftermarket aluminum radiator It's the one that Anderson's Performance sells. It only looks to be a tad wider than the stock one. Can you guys list the thickness of your fans and/or include model numbers?

Whut - What exactly is a "dual pancake style" fan (do you have a flex-a-lite model number)?

Thanks

Is the car actually running hot with our radiator and a single fan? Most of the guys using it have a hard time getting the temperature up! It is wider than a stocker, I dont know the exact difference but it is as large of a car as you'll get in the car without major surgery.

Getting a little hot...

Don't get me wrong I think the radiator is great, as is the wicked turbo 400! The radiator is noticably wider and taller since the radiator hold down is now angled up to reach the top of the radiator. I meant that it only looks to be about 1/2" - 1" thicker (from memory). After I installed the alcohol injection, I started tuning for higher boost levels. at the end of the quarter I am nearing 220. Cruising around still gives me about 195. I used to be able to cruise at no higher than 170 before the massive 4 1/2" thick intercooler came into the picture.

I just installed a high flow water pump because the original was starting to make some noises and I feared the bearings were starting to go. If I get a chance this weekend I'll be able to see if the pump was the problem. I'd just like to know what fits in case temps are still high.

All better.

I drove around last night with the new high flow water pump from fullthrottlespeed.com. That mixed with anderson's radiator made a huge difference. Though it is a little colder out now, Temperatures never exceeded 170°. Generally around 165°. Thanks for your help. I won't be needing a dual fan setup now.