Dual Fans fitment with RJC FMIC?

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
I tried about a year ago when I was putting in my motor one time to install my new dual fan setup. I think mine is the same as the "Ramchargers" dual fan setup. I have the nice wiring setup with relays and all. It didn't appear it would easily fit. I am running a f-body radiator and a RJC FMIC. It seemed like part of the dual fan setup hit one of the intercooler pipes.

Since the car has been running for 6 months or so, I thought I might re-try this install soon and thought I would ask here if they are supposed to "fit".

I probably was in too much of a hurry and didn't really feel like messing with it too much at the time.... so I can't honestly say it is impossible to make them fit.... I just remember sweating my butt off and saying screw it and put the stock fan back on for short term.

Any feedback on those running f-body radiator, RC dual fans, and RJC FMIC?

You probably have the intercooler to throttle body tube on backwards. Take if off, flip it end for end and see if that gives you enough room for the fan. The first time I put mine on I thought there would be no room for the fan, then I realized it was on backwards/ upside down.

I am running exactly what you are asking. Fitment is tight and the lower part of my fan does contact the up-pipe

You probably have the intercooler to throttle body tube on backwards. Take if off, flip it end for end and see if that gives you enough room for the fan. The first time I put mine on I thought there would be no room for the fan, then I realized it was on backwards/ upside down.

That's entirely possible.... however it has been on-and-off multiple times and it is possible I've flipped it since then. I never considered that as a possibility.

This install is on my short list as the last time I drove te car in 95° heat, I was watching the SM like a hawk.... and it went just over 200° before traffic cleared and I got it to cool down. I do know if I really got in traffic the way it is now, I'd be in-trouble.