Dual ball bearing PTE turbos

" I honestly feel if you want to talk about other people's products against ours like this, it should be done in a different thread"

Then why did you post the link to Garretts site for Boosters question?

And why this reply?

"Well instead of listening to me ramble on about why they are better...I'll let the horse's mouth speak on it's behalf."

Seems to me you did want to compare product and answer the question, I just wanted to help those folks who had real questions regarding BB turbos make an informed decision.

Why they are "better" would require technical info. from all the BB manufacturers one would assume. ;)

Don't blame me for the salesman approach on this thread, and I ain't a horses mouth either, seems some questions posed here actually do require some technical info. and honest answers. :p

I didn't see any "questioning" of Otto when he brought up pricing with other manufacturers product in his reply, then again maybe those larger shafts cost a few bucks more I dunno. :eek:

I heard that also about Turbonetics, looks like they need to remove the option word(s) regarding the large shafts from their website. :cool:

is the pt-68 a small shaft wheel too as well as the 67? If the pt-68 is a small shaft turbo will the GTQ wheel help it be more effective in providing power and boost? When looking at a 66-70 is there really a huge difference between small shafts and big shaft turbos? :) :) :)

im still confused a little bit on the new Super Duplex, Dual Ballbearing. :confused: On the innovative site it doesn't go into very much detail. :( So Is the innovative 66dbb a large shaft turbo?

Thanks for the questions, this is why the boards are nice! I dont have to wait 3 months for a GN meeting to ask these types of questions. Thank you. :biggrin: As you can probably guess, im in the market for a new turbo between a 66-70 but man there are so many options, wheels, sizes, trims. Just trying to iron out the situation with some solid information! Thanks again.

68 is a large shaft and no you don't even want a 68...OLD turbo...67 outperforms it and the 66

Look...every manufacturer has their reasons why something is better...it's up to the end user to make the final decision as to who is really good and not. I'm not the type of sales person who has to blab on about why something is good or not. Nobody wants to hear it from me. They want to hear it from the people who have tried their product and know that it works. We haven't won so many championships in recent years for nothing you know. Just take a look at our website and look at all the famous names out there that use our stuff. I think there might be a good reason why. Because our stuff is PROVEN. Our name has been out there for many years and I just can't see someone bashing Garrett or PTE products without a shear legitimate reason why. So let's cut the crap and move on to why I even started this thread. Thanks.

carrying on....................

I do not currently offer any dual ball bearings in the large shaft assemblies because Garrett just hasn't released them. They were supposed to a while back but never did. I can do up to the 67 Ptrim and that's it for now. If you want ball bearing bigger than that, you'll have to go up to the GT series which would include a GT40R, GT42R, and GT45R. These are all T4 flanged and have larger frame sizes than what you are used to seeing.

I already had one customer call us with a similar combo as myself except he had a built bottom end and he ran 10.30's @ 135 mph on a 67 Ptrim dual BB. This was a full weight car too. Now that is impressive. He said the response time was crazy fast and the overall power transfer was so smooth. To be honest, this is the next turbo I am going with on my personal car.

That 67 Ptrim dual BB sounds like a real sweet turbo... The obvious advantage I see is being able to run a real tight converter which will help the car MPH! :cool:

o yes the 67 p trim dbb dam that sounds like one sick ass turbo!

don would a tial 40mm waste gate (dump to atmos.) and a 3" mease DP" be good enough for the ex side of it?

Honestly a 38mm gate would be enough...they are easier to adapt to since they have the same flange as a deltagate (i think ATR made downpipes for that flange)

d0n_3d said:
Honestly a 38mm gate would be enough...they are easier to adapt to since they have the same flange as a deltagate (i think ATR made downpipes for that flange)

I run a 38mm Tial that bolted right up to an ATR external gated pipe.
HTH

d0n_3d said:
carrying on....................

I do not currently offer any dual ball bearings in the large shaft assemblies because Garrett just hasn't released them. They were supposed to a while back but never did. I can do up to the 67 Ptrim and that's it for now. If you want ball bearing bigger than that, you'll have to go up to the GT series which would include a GT40R, GT42R, and GT45R. These are all T4 flanged and have larger frame sizes than what you are used to seeing.

I already had one customer call us with a similar combo as myself except he had a built bottom end and he ran 10.30's @ 135 mph on a 67 Ptrim dual BB. This was a full weight car too. Now that is impressive. He said the response time was crazy fast and the overall power transfer was so smooth. To be honest, this is the next turbo I am going with on my personal car.

Don,

Will you do a 3bolt GT40R if someone requests it?
Also how big of a compressor wheel can you get in the GT40?
From what I can recall you guys have done 3bolt GT35s.
Thanks for the information, I am going to request my friend purchases
the DBB PT67P for his junk!

All I know is this PT67BB has to be bad a s s .. My old 67 spooled awesome with a AC 3200. I was going to leave the TTA stock ..but I dont know now...

John..
I believe that if you want one of the GT 4xx series on a 3 bolt it most likely will have to be on a PTE canteloupe housing. I went thru that when i had 3 bolt headers on the stage motor. Went to the 4 bolt flange and had quite a few different housings to pick from.

Louie L. said:
All I know is this PT67BB has to be bad a s s .. My old 67 spooled awesome with a AC 3200. I was going to leave the TTA stock ..but I dont know now...

John..
I believe that if you want one of the GT 4xx series on a 3 bolt it most likely will have to be on a PTE canteloupe housing. I went thru that when i had 3 bolt headers on the stage motor. Went to the 4 bolt flange and had quite a few different housings to pick from.

what heads, cam and e.t.'s with your 67dbb?

This was on my street car. Big valve unported heads, 210 roller, PS IC, stock intake. The best ET was 12.85 at 114 with just 15 psi,pump gas(no alky) dry rotted BFG street radials.With a locked converter,more tuning and drag radials it would have easily gone 11.60-11.50 @ 116-117 on pump gas.

Sold the car before i got any more track time.PT67 makes some serious power ..even at low boost.

My buddys Champion Iron headed TSM car has gone 10.ohs at 135mph(218 roller-ported stock intake-headers-front mount).

Don,

I am still a bit fuzzy on the description of this new turbo. Your first post calls it a PT6776, but I *think" you guys also sell a hybrid turbo called the GT6776 with a GT comp wheel?

A 76mm GT comp wheel trimmed to a 67mm inducer seems extreme regarding trim (.78 trim!). Is that really what it is? Or does the 76 refer to something else?

If you could get these new turbos listed on the spec sheet on your website that would help me out a bunch! If I should just be looking at the PT67 description please let me know.

FWIW, I am about an inch away from ordering this new turbo from ya! The 2 precision turbos you have sold me previously haven't let me down.

thanks,
Steve

When will the throttle body line kit be ready for the dual bb turbo? And will you still be able to use the stock turbo cover with this kit? Thanks!! :biggrin:

I found the answer to my question about distributorships.

"Garrett Performance Distributors
Garrett Performance Distributors supply performance turbochargers including upgrades and hybrids as well as Garrett component parts for a wide variety of performance turbocharger models. With their expertise to apply and support the Garrett line of GT Dual Ball Bearing Performance Turbochargers they offer technical advice to choose the perfect turbo products for your performance needs.

Retail Distributors
Retail Distributors are experts on our complete performance GT Ball Bearing turbo range. They carry a constant supply of 100% Garrett turbochargers and Garrett turbo kits as well as many other performance related automotive products. They can help you choose the perfect Garrett turbo for your engine and everything you need to get your engine running on Garrett boost."

Don,

Do the regular BB70 have to be water cooled? What stall do you have to use with them?

Thanks Jason