Dry sump question

angryyouth

Looking through the threads before I posted but couldn't really find what I need. Could someone give me layout of their dry sump system so I can copy there plumbing and input and output of oil into the block. I am curious where some of you are feeding the oil into the block on 109s and what is done with the front cover if you are running an external dry sump pump and say not a Duttweiler pump. Photos help to. Sorry if this is a redundant post. If it is could someone point me to it.
Thanks
-A

I'm not an expert in this but I'll try.

With a dry sump system, the oil is kept in a remote canister. You will have to run an external oil pump (belt driven) with scavenge ports. You will need an oil pan with scavenge provisions. The stock timing cover oil pump housing will need to be blocked off. Basically with a dry sump, you are scavenging all the oil out of the block.

You feed the block in front where the brass "T" was. You will need a remote filter mount.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thanks for the reply I have the basics of the system layout, but curious on how others are feeding oil back into the block without feeding through an adapter in the timing cover where the stock oil pump would be. My thought is if the feed line is tapped into the block directly, tying into the oil galleries, by-passing a pump/filter adapter it would eliminate all the bends and turns in the cover and provide a more fluid delivery of oil. Are most people with 109 blocks feeding back through the timing cover?

The passages in the timing cover are blocks as there is no need for it anymore. The block is fed on the passenger side where the brass "T" was.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com