Drove my GN for the first time since rebuild...

Hotair85

mmmmmmmmmmmmm TURBO!!!!!!
Hey guys,

I just wanted to tell you all how much I missed my GN since it was apart. I took the engine out in January and had to hunt for parts for a few months (many thanks to those on this board who supplied me with them). I ported my heads, and put a 204-214 cam in it. After I took the heads off, I learned that it was already bored .030" over with hypereutectic pistons( I didn't have to do anything there). I put a cold air intake on it, as well as a 2.5" downpipe, Hooker exhaust system, 87 ECM and coil pack, 37# Delphi injectors. I have a TA 49 (I think) for it that needs a rebuild ( if anyone knows anyone who does that in the New England/ Mid atlantic area plz let me know). I am running the stock turbo and manifolds on it now (because my downpipe wouldn't work with the Kenne Bell headers I have).

Anyway all that aside, I took the car out for its first drive since completion and let me tell you, it rekindled my love for these cars. All the blood, sweat, and tears I have put into this have paid off. It nearly drained me of my money, but it was all worth it. I can honestly tell you guys that I am going to hang on to this fine automobile for as long as I can. All it needs now is paint. It goes like hell now, and I don't even have it dialed in. It still has an exhaust leak at the downpipe-to-turbo seal and it is running extremely rich. Well, there you have it. I know it was a lot of babble, but I hven't been keeping you all posted like I should have been. :eek: The car can be seen via the address in my sig.

sweet

hey that's great man :cool:. It must feel good to drive it. I just got my car running before i came back to school, which was my goal for the summer. I can't wait to be able to drive mine, there is still some to go for me, hopefully i will be where you are next year or so. Congratulations!