drove a 99 GTP two door the other day!

S

SMOKIN86T

MAN! im impressed. i thought it would be nothing compaired to my T! but they do pull pretty hard! tires spin REAL E-Z too! punching it around corners always gets em squealin, and when put into low gear and floored, they chirp em good! and they drive so tight! what great cars! do they respond to mods good? i have seen some of the stuff they have at grandprix store and thrasher performance, probably enough to get into the 12's!

They're pretty responsive to the low buck mods, 13's are only as far away as a cold-air setup, SC pulley upgrade, and good air in some cases! If that doesn't work, a little exhaust work should do the trick. ;)

And yes, there are quite a few in the 12's.......

the normall mods will net you some high 13 second time slips, to go into the 12's you either need really heavy mods or nitrous.

I just sold a 97 Grand Prix, and as you said, they are lots of fun to drive! :) There are a handful of GP's in the 12's but look for more to join the ranks coming season. A stock GTP just ran a 14.1 and a buddy of mine, she ran a 13.2 with only a cold air intake, a 3.4" SC pulley, and gutted exhaust! Not bad. Only thing I don't like is that to go faster, the mods you need to add are EXPENSIVE and most have to be fabricated from scratch, which means $$$! Looking to buy another GP after I buy an 86/87 TR, or GN....anyone help me out here? ;)