Driving without front sway bar

poppy1440

Hello, any of you guy's just leave your front sway bar permenately?

I can't tell the difference in handling.

Unless you have a real big bar on the rear you will definitely notice a difference without the front. It is heavier that it looks too.

Last edited:
TexasT hit it rite on the head. took my front sway bar off also and put a ATR sway bar on the rear a world of difference.

Are you saying that it is not wise to drive without the front bar unless I upgrade my rear sway bar.
What im asking is it safe to drive without the front bar.
I've seen where guys have said take it off when you go to the track then put it back on afterwards.
But my car handles great without it. I wad just wondering if some of you have had something go wrong while driving without it.
I've driven it without it in all conditions except rain with no issues.

I had a huge front sway bar to match my very large rear atr rear bar. The car ride and handled awesome but did not transfer weight well. I took the front sway bar off and it made a huge difference on transferring weight. I put skinnys on the front so I won't be taking many turns either way. The car drives fine without the front bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did a bunch of crap to my car. It might be in my head but I removed the front sway bar, and installed an HR bar and the car almost feels tighter.... Not sure

I removed my front years ago when the car was mostly stock. Obviously, the handling got worse. Added a big rear sway bar and a 6 point cage a few years after that. Obviously, the handling got better again. Added 27.5 inch tall skinnies in the front and 28 inch tall drag radials to the back a year after that. Obviously, the handling got worse again. This is still how it is today.

This current set-up is absolutely terrible. It handles like a wheelbarrow filled with water. I drive it a lot on the street but have to drive it cautiously. This combination will change soon. I no longer have room for a sway bar up front. Something custom may have to be fabricated or whatever.......

Like anything else, It seems as if it's the total combination of parts and your tolerance for unpleasantries that will dictate what you end up with. Try it. It may not bother you.

I took it off a couple of months ago to change a front seal and didn't put it back on.
I actually didn't realize that it wasn't back while driving until I saw it in the corner of my shop.

I actually couldn't tell it wasn't on the car.
So I drove it about 120 or so more miles and still couldn't tell a difference. I drove on interstate and all situations except in the rain.

I might just put it back on as a safety feature.

I just can't tell the difference. In GM put it on for a reason.

I just didn't realize how heavy that sucker was