Driving in hot weather

Tmizunocherry

Ust wanted to get a conscience on how everyones TB feels in hot weather versus the nice cold air? I know mine feels like it's not making as much power or kind of feels like a slug with slower spool time as well. Like to get some feedback and explanation. I am learning quickly about the Dark Side. I can see how the cold dense air makes these rockets but just wanted to read what you guys say. I don't have ALKY by the way.
Thank you!

Without alky, you are correct, the air is less dense and oxygen is usually displaced by water in the form of humidity, depending on where you live, so the car gets less oxygen and the heat makes your car pull timing if you don't have enough octane in just your gasoline. With alky, my car runs just as good in the heat as it does when it's cold. The alky flashes better in the heat though making getting the tune right easier, for me at least.

Thank you. I am looking forward to purchasing Razor's ALKY. Just need to save the 600 bucks that it will cost by the time it is all said and done. I would the added protection against detoniation. Granted I have not experience any so far after 8 months of owning the car with some light mods done, but also just running 17 lbs. Some guys say that ALKY is just for if your going to race your car. I don't get that? I want something I can drive and enjoy and race ever now and then. But mainly for street cruising and the occasional airing it times.

It's a well known fact that these cars do not like hot weather.....we4Mateo's explaination is right on.....the Turbo
Buicks LOVE the cold weather....runs like a bat out of hell then, like mine, but if you try the rocket like launches in the summer, be prepared to be embarrassed, as the car will not be as fast......the alky kit should solve your problems.....see "razor" on this forum.....he sells a real nice set up.....I may get one someday, too.

Bruce '87 Grand National