Driver's seat - my butt hits the floor!

turb

My power seat is broken. I sink way down in it. The wires under the foam that run front to back have all snapped where there's a bout a 90 degree bend. Also, the left rear corner is also mushy - not from the broken wires but something else I haven't diagnosed yet. So, anybody have brilliant ideas how to fix these things before I get street rash on my butt? Did do a search and found one thread that wasn't real helpful.

I'm thinking about somehow running real small diameter steel braided wire in place of the broken wires - make sense? My neighbor suggested guitar strings- How strong are they?

It does sound like this isn't uncommon so any solutions would be helpful to many, I think.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Turb

grab one of those plastic lawn chairs and break off the legs and there you go instant seat.... :eek: I would try to junkyard about getting a donor seat maybe take out the wires...

Mine was really bad when i got it so as a temporary fix, i stuffed an old pillow all the way under the seat. worked great, actually so great that the temp fix has turned semi-permanent.......i dont even realize its there

Contact the local upholstery shop and they should be able to fix the springs and install new foam so you're not putting band aids on your a$$. Or you could go to your bone yard and get a seat and they could swap out the frame.
Tarey D.