Drivers door speaker?

Turboboy

The drivers door speaker does not work so i checked the two wires with a test light and they both had power. I tried switching the speakers and still the same. What am i missing? thanks (concert sound w 6 speakers)

Never owned a car w/ concert sound, so I'm not sure what all is entailed. But are you saying you checked both wires going to the speaker and they both had power?

Is there any kind of factory amp? I'm assuming the 6 speakers would be 2 in the dash 2 in the doors and 2 in the package tray, is that the only difference w/ concert, the 2 in the doors? Let me know, and I'm sure I can help you out

thats correct, 2 in the door 2 in the dash and two in the rear window ledge. from what it looks like the front four are wired parralel, all the speakers work minus the drivers door, when i checked the two wires goin to the speaker, they both had power, i even swapped out the speaker for one i knew that worked and still nothing. thanks

Honestly I would just go ahead and rewire your stereo, or at least the front speakers. These are 20 year old wires after all.

Honestly I would just go ahead and rewire your stereo, or at least the front speakers. These are 20 year old wires after all.

I 100% agree w/ that and I'm leaning towards that being your only problem. Since you swapped another known working speaker, and there is no amp, it's all left in the wiring. Just get a decent roll of 16ga or so from walmart or your local parts store. It's cheap, easy and it def. won't hurt. If you decide to do it, let me know if it fixes your problem

it could potentialy be a blown channel in the radio, i would pull the radio out and try to test the speaker at the wiring coming from the radio with a "AA" battery to see if it pops and then go from there. I see your in illinois, if your near southside chicago im an MECP installer, you could swing by and I could help you out with some troubleshooting if you cant get it.

Steve Pitts Jr.

-edit I take that back if it was a blown channel the dash speaker wouldnt function either. I'm goin with faulty speaker wire or speaker connector .

it could potentialy be a blown channel in the radio, i would pull the radio out and try to test the speaker at the wiring coming from the radio with a "AA" battery to see if it pops and then go from there. I see your in illinois, if your near southside chicago im an MECP installer, you could swing by and I could help you out with some troubleshooting if you cant get it.

Steve Pitts Jr.

-edit I take that back if it was a blown channel the dash speaker wouldnt function either. I'm goin with faulty speaker wire or speaker connector .

I thought the same thing at first.....I'm really thinking the power lead is arcing the ground, just rubbing somewhere. What level MECP are you? I just took my basic installer test and am currently waiting for my advanced study guide. Heard its pretty challenging:eek:

Trace the tan and gray speaker wires from the radio back to the right hand side of it, there should be a 2 cavity connector there that might be unplugged, it's before it gets to the location where they combine with the dash speakers.

Use an ohm meter with the connector unplugged from the radio itself to check for speakers and shorts/open circuits.

Start at the radio for this one, keep the good known speaker connected in the door.

I thought the same thing at first.....I'm really thinking the power lead is arcing the ground, just rubbing somewhere. What level MECP are you? I just took my basic installer test and am currently waiting for my advanced study guide. Heard its pretty challenging:eek:

I'm basic getting ready to take the advanced, a co-worker of mine just passed advanced after his second attempt. He said to know all the practice questions in the guide and fully understand the concepts behind them and you should easily answer 50 of the 200 questions on the test.

PM me if you have any other questions I'll try and pick his brain about the test.

Thanks guys for the help, i found it two nights ago after work, It was the connector a couple inches back from the speaker in the door. All is fixed.