driver door hinge problems

carkicker

rumspringer
can anyone shed some light on the problems im having with the drivers side door hinge on my 87 gn . the pin keeps working its way out of the top hinge and theres a rattle in the hood and the top corner of the fender , but all bolts are tight . im wondering if there is something in that area that is known to weaken or fatigue that i cant see without taking the fender , door , and hood off . im almost afraid to ask , as i have a feeling im not gona like the answer .i still need to know reguardless . i gota fix it right.

Try this

can anyone shed some light on the problems im having with the drivers side door hinge on my 87 gn . The pin keeps working its way out of the top hinge and theres a rattle in the hood and the top corner of the fender , but all bolts are tight . Im wondering if there is something in that area that is known to weaken or fatigue that i cant see without taking the fender , door , and hood off . Im almost afraid to ask , as i have a feeling im not gona like the answer .i still need to know reguardless . I gota fix it right.

there is a bumper under the hood at the cowl just off center that rubs on the hood .put some grease on it ... Pin . Put a grove in it & c-clip it ...

MeanMike did a great job on rebuilding his , check out his thread " 86 WH1 restomod " post #18