Drilling oil passage in front of block?

clusolynn

I was wondering??? My cam started to eat into the front of the block, and I've decided to add a Torrington bearing between the two, I noticed the oil passages are right behind the the thrust surface of the block, a small hole drilled on either side would direct oil to the bearing. Would this cause any major problems? Any suggestions? Thanks, John.:confused:

keep you cam thrust fed with oil and it would not have been so hungry to eat your block.
Nike says "just do it" btw I have a block available

What we have done for years is just "score" a very small channel from the oil hole in the front cam bearing to the face of the block using a razor knife.

This will provide enough oil for the thrust surface, as we have never had that problem with our builds. :)

I have said this many times but here it is again............be SURE you deburr the hole on the thrust surface of the can. There seems to always be a small Burr on the thrust fa e of all cans. Because the cam is hardened, it acts like as grinding Burr and cuts into the face of the block.

John, do as Nick says and you'll have all the oiling you'll need for the thrust surface. I have used a tiny 3 sided file and made just a tiny channel with it. Never had any cam thrust problems.