Drilled and Slotted Front Rotors

It's not the best idea. It weakens the rotor so it may break easier. Going to a bigger rotor is much better.

It's not the best idea. It weakens the rotor so it may break easier. Going to a bigger rotor is much better.

Correct.

Use the slotted rotors(PowerSlots). I've seen plenty of drilled rotors with deep cracks all over them, even after I cut them down. I have power slots and they are pretty nice, but they are a little more noisier(SP?) when under heavy braking.

I prefer my Baer brakes setup, front and rear drilled and slotted and calipers. Worth the money, but took forever to ship.

Slotted and dimpled are safe when not turned several times after they warp. Drilled work well, but are prone to fractures and premature failure. Look at big companies that produce high end brakes and you see slotted and dimpled now, far less high end drilled rotors than even 3 years ago. Even brake pad maker EBC does dimpled over drilled for most aplications.

As the rotor wears it will not wear evenly and it also warps. When you do a brake job you resurface them so the pads will seat properly.

my position is that you replace them, if you turn them they are thinner and even more likely to warp

my position is that you replace them, if you turn them they are thinner and even more likely to warp

They will warp easier, but they have a minimum thickness rating until you have to toss them out. Some rotors you can see off the bat wheather or not they NEED to be replaced.

Also some people have said that drilled OR slotted rotors cant be cut, I say watch me :D they cut just like any other rotor out there.

I've cut drilled rotors, you gotta do it in the tiniest increments however. I always check new rotors on a lathe anyway, you'd be surprised.....or maybe not.