Draining my coolant today, should I bother with the block plugs?

Sinical

I ordered some rmi25 and was just going to drain the fluid from the rad only and refill with distilled water only and rmi for the summer. Obviously there will still be some coolant in the system. Will this be ok?

i don't think there are any block drains.
you could run a couple of gallons of pure water thru it and drain it a couple of times to get all of the antifreeze out.

I flushed the system for the first time since owning the car this week... Like every other mod, I wished I had done it sooner :rolleyes:

The car now stays around 180 with the A/C on full blast, and it seems like the car got quieter...

The old coolant wasnt in bad shape, and was only 3 years old with 12,xxx miles on it... or so I was told...

I just emptied out the radiator and got as much out as I could. Ran a little water through it, then filled it back up with pure water and went for a drive. Drained that and then swapped in new coolant and water!

If you're really serious about getting out all of the junk, you can run a dish washing detergent through the system. Also any water soluble aluminum safe degreaser should be fine too. Do the flush as above first, and then add the detergent the next time. Run the system, Flush it with clean water, run the system and flush again... You can flush as little or as much as you want, that's a personal preference, then fill her up with water or coolant and go!

The nice thing is: If it's just water you're flushing out you can do it at the car wash in less than 5 min!! Just make sure you're not dumping any coolant down the drains or they will do bad things to you... haha

Your block has two 1/8" NPT drains, one on either side. Just in front of the starter and the same spot on the driver side. If you pull the drains, you can get everything out.

Dave