Drain Holes (LCA)

Morbid

Well I finally finished project I started changing the Front LCA's w/new bushings, Springs, Shocks, Stabilizer Bar Bushings and End Links.

I did the DS earlier this Summer and finished the PS today but looking again at the DS LCA it looks like the spring shifted and the bottom of the coil is covering both of the drain holes.

Is there any way to turn the spring back a little to expose that second hole or do I have to drop the arm again?

Thanx

Greg

I would think that you have to drop the lower control arm again. It's nearly impossible to get the coil spring compressor in there and without the spring being unloaded. Trick is put a screw driver small of course in the hole until you get the spindles bolted back up. It will stop the spring from turning down. I had to have the control arm down in order to get the spring tool out. So it could fit between the coils. I got the bottom of the tool out the shock hole. Another trick I did was duct tape the spring isolators to the top of the springs so they would not fall out.

Well Sir you are absolutely correct in that you cannot get the spring compressor installed without dropping the arm.
Found that out today when I tried it.

I didn't feel like dropping that arm again, so I took a long pry bar and a 2 lb sledge hammer and was able to tap the spring back enough to clear the second hole.
Only needed to move the spring a little bit, about the diameter of the hole.

Buttoned everything back up and took the car out on the road. Came back and checked the lca holes and the spring moved back over the second hole but not completely this time.

FSM says the second hole can be either uncovered or partially covered so I think I'm good.

Thanks for helping out.