Nick Lowe, Half a Boy and Half a Man
Dan Hartman, I Can Dream about You
Squeeze, Black Coffee in Bed
Linda Rondstat, Get Closer
Juice Newton, a little bit hard on me
Human League, don't you want me
Laura Branigan, Gloria

I remember when those were on 4 track!

(anyone remember Paul Anka and The Everly Brothers on reel-to-reel?)

;)

*8 track

I had The Cars first album on 8 track, and the track changed RIGHT IN TH MIDDLE OF THE GTR SOLO on "Just What I Needed"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

BT

Quote....

"I remember when those were on 4 track!
(anyone remember Paul Anka and The Everly Brothers on reel-to-reel?)..."

While open reel was before my time, I currently have about 22 machines. At my "peak" I had about 70 open reel recorders clogging up my limited living space, from the cheesy rim drive Japanese "toy" machines to Crown, Ampex, Revox ect. 15 ips half track semi pro decks.

From my 1948 Brush BK401 (I have two), and early 50s Magnecord PT6 variants to my early 80s Akai GX747 I have seen most of them.

Ever hear of the Ferrograph, Geloso, Masco, Telefunken, Bell ect?

I love this stuff.

geez, those are some weird names, but they don't sound familiar...

Couple of other things I remember--when me & some friends moved in together out of high school, one of my friend's mother dated a disc jockey, and he gave him an old tape-loop type "echo chamber", man did we have fun with that thing! I also had a Sharp open-reel deck at the time--and it all got stolen when our apartment got broken into! :(

I also had a chance to buy an old wire recorder a few years ago, I probably should have!

Quote....

"geez, those are some weird names, but they don't sound familiar...
Couple of other things I remember--when me & some friends moved in together out of high school, one of my friend's mother dated a disc jockey, and he gave him an old tape-loop type "echo chamber", man did we have fun with that thing! I also had a Sharp open-reel deck at the time--and it all got stolen when our apartment got broken into!
I also had a chance to buy an old wire recorder a few years ago, I probably should have!........"

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you some pics. If you are interested in any kind of sound reproducing(sp?) equipment, you might get a kick out of what I have.