down time

shock tube

what gremlins should i be aware of. My wife is interested in drag racing after our weekend at the drag strip whith my 2002 SLP camaro. I have my 87 t-type sitting in the barn. It has 150000 miles, 60,000 on new engine, turbo and trany untouched. The car has been sitting for 5 years so i have been out of the loop on turbo regals for a while. Any ideas of problems i may run into other than the cosmetic B.S. Worried mostly about fuel system and computer. I havent even tried to start it yet a little nervious about it going K-boom. Any input would be helpful.

pull

pull the plugs put some oil (marvel mystery my choice) down the cylnders turn it over without ignition then put the plugs in and oh get some fresh gas i would drain the tank and put fresh gass in it. check out spring cleaning at gnttype.org. others feel free to reply or beat me up just my .02
jason

change the oil, check the trans fluid, drain the gas and get some new fuel for it- check coolant level, and other visible damage from small animals :)

buy a battery for it, and turn it over and see what happens-

dont go fast till the brakes work .... or at least stop you in a timely manner!!!!

THe fuel and other fluids should be you first concern after oiling the cylinders. I would change the oil, and spin the oil pump drive shaft for a minute or two.

Drain the gas, and don't be surprised if the fuel pump is locked up. A friend did a wierd thing last week, he pulled an old fuel pump out of a VW that was frozen.. he wired it to a battery, took a brass drift and tapped on the housing for a few minutes (lightly), and it started to work! I was wondering what the hell he was doing.

And check ALL hoses, vacuum, cooling, power steering, etc..

Good luck

thanx for the info fellas. The car looks to be in good shape. and ill see if i cant get it running this weekend. Ill keep u posted thnx.