door pics of wiring please anyone?

national

I took the doors off my 87 GN @8 years ago & somehow I forgot exactly where the wires lay..I think I got it right then when window goes down it hits wires & mirror cable..so if anyone has a pic of a door with door panel off & maybe a few looking inside door around the clip for mirror cable above the speakers..thanks for any help as this would be a LIFESAVER for me..I cant find anyone around me with one to look at..even the junkyards dont have any..
Thanks,Brian

If you ...

want to look inside my parts car, you can take a trip up to clarksville? You can PM me for my ph.# or I can try to get my son to take some pics, but that wouldn't happen till the afternoon.:confused:

I have pics PM me your email address can't figure out how to post them

Post them this way: Click POST REPLY. Click on the paper clip thingy at the top of the gray box beside the smiley face. A new window will pop up and you'll see a button that says BROWSE. Click on BROWSE and it will open another window from your computer that has menus that contain the files from your computer. Click on whatever picture you want to post, then click on UPLOAD, then click SUBMIT REPLY. And you're done. Hope this helps.

Bruce '87 Grand National

original door:
I don't think I have an inside shot...

Attachments

• doorwiring.jpg
    doorwiring.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 224
Thanks everyone for your help..I got 90% of it done with the pic from davelostmissing..I figured ou the inside I think too..but I do need to know at the far back end of the door there is a wire dissappearing into the door in your pic dave..on mine I have a wire that looked factory on my outside to where the wire would have to stay outside..dave do you have something missing on your door or what? Ill try to get a pic of mine on here..thanks again everyone
cardepotinc@comcast.net is my email if you have anything to email
Brian

Brian, I think the wire thats missing on dave `s car is the optional security system. Not all cars would have that wiring going up to the lock.

Ok asto...that sounds right..those wires are going up to the lock so that is security..any idea now if they are connected on the outside or on the inside of door?

Is it kinda suppose to be like this on the ouside or would the wires run inside the door..

Attachments

• buick door wire.jpg
    buick door wire.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 156
Brian, Let me know if this is what your looking for. wiring for security runs inside door and up between reinforcement bar and door skin[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 155
  • door pic 2.jpg
    door pic 2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 170
  • door pic 3.jpg
    door pic 3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 153
  • door pic 4.jpg
    door pic 4.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 122
WOW..really..thanks alot..Yes asto that is the pics I wanted to see..that helps me out a ton..now I can hopefully get it all back together..thanks to turbobully also..Great pics to help me understand it all..I also just learned how to post a pic here thanks t bruce...Hopefully I dont need anything else soon to fix this situation..

WOW..really..thanks alot..Yes asto that is the pics I wanted to see..that helps me out a ton..now I can hopefully get it all back together..thanks to turbobully also..Great pics to help me understand it all..I also just learned how to post a pic here thanks t bruce...Hopefully I dont need anything else soon to fix this situation..

You're welcome. Glad I could help in some way. Be careful of all of those wires....it's very easy to get one pinched during reassembly and then you'll have a nice short or a lovely fire for the winter in your GN.:rolleyes: Aren't working on these cars fun? Please, somebody tell me this.:tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National

You're welcome. Glad I could help in some way. Be careful of all of those wires....it's very easy to get one pinched during reassembly and then you'll have a nice short or a lovely fire for the winter in your GN.:rolleyes: Aren't working on these cars fun? Please, somebody tell me this.:tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National
Of course it is fun. Bruce. If you are a sadist, of course. Why else would you go back to working on it after it bites you in the ass. And when you are done you start smiling and doing a jig, smelling of gas and grease.:biggrin: