Door compatibility?

Jnel

I need new doors for my 84 GN. I did post in parts wanted section.

I'm not sure though, which other doors are bolt-on compatible. Best would be to get actual GN doors, but it may be easier to find another style. I just need the door shells, I have all the guts, etc..

Are all 2 door Regal doors compatible, or only the T-Type; or maybe Cutlass doors.. etc..?

I have power windows, and power locks. Are manual doors compatible?

Like I said, I've posted to parts wanted, but also will check local salvage yards.

TIA

Jeff

Last I checked no one was selling skins. Has that changed, seems to be a market for them.

Thanks, now I'm sure I can get something locally from a salvage yard.

ahh, I'm sure I wasn't clear when I used the word 'shell', sorry. To some, that might indicate the skin. I need the whole metal part of the door, minus the glass, motor, inside panels, etc.

Anyways, it looks like any 81-87 G-body 2 door will work. Cool.

Actually, I did buy new skins from GM many years ago, and was going to have the doors rebuilt. But the carcass of the door along the bottom is badly rusted out too, so that would have to be built back somehow.

The skins I have are completely flat all along the perimeter; there is no starting bend that defines the skin into the door opening. I got the skins directly as replacements parts from GM, and it may be that they were selling parts that were meant to be used in the factory, where there would be a forming operation that would make that definition.

I also looked around a little on the web for replacement skins, but could only find lower (10") patch panels.