Donate your pics and clips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched you guys go on and on about this and it is cracking me up. So who is "Going Fast with Class" in this group? A guy asks to have 15 secs of his car taken out of a video for whatever reason and you guys are ready to run him out of town. What a terrible crime he committed.

Well since ya'll won't let it go, I think you should have all the facts so you know who you are insulting. I didn't donate any clips to anyone for any reason at anytime. I go to a lot of trouble making videos of my car and other cars available to the Buick community for free. I take the video, capture it, host it and share them with everyone for free. Check my BG videos post if you don't believe me. So when Nelson started making his videos my car showed up several times in the 4th one. He either took the clips off of my website or someone sent them to him without my knowledge. He was giving it away, which is what I am about, so it was cool. Next thing I know he is selling them and a new one from BG right after I posted 20 or so clips from BG. I didn't know if my clips were included in the BG video, but I didn't think it was right for him to make money off of something I paid for to have free for everyone and wanted to handle it before he finished producing it and it got out of hand. The part I really didn't like was the other videos was no longer available for DL and only available through purchase. If the purchase was only for people that couldn't DL it, I would have had no problem with it. So I sent Nelson a polite email telling him how much I enjoyed his videos and asked that clips from my website not be included in any videos that were available for sale only. I did this via email to avoid a stupid pissing match on the board over something so trivial and stupid but obviously Nelson didn't want to do that. In fact even after I told him he could use the stupid clips, he doesn't even mention it.

So there you go. The terrible crime that you all wanted to hang me for is trying to make sure that the clips that were intended to be enjoyed by the Buick Community for Free, stay that price.

So ban me, flame me whatever you want. Makes no difference to me. :p

Sully

I agree with you Steve as far as using your stuff without permission, I know it would bother me if I saw my work being sold somewhere else without my permission. That's why I removed them from my website immediately after you brought it to my attention. But if someone donates a pic or clip of a certain car as I told you by email, how would I know if it's yours or theirs?! So unfortunaely to avoid this sort of thing from happening again, I will no longer be taking donations from anyone. I will just use the material I have from the 25th Nats and whatever I record from this day forward. I really appreciate everyones support, Nelson Febus aka GNflyby. :)

Sully

You should be ashamed of yourself, you meany.

Nelson took the videos down as people were downloading them and trying to make a profit elsewhere.

The Nat's video he made, I invited him to come to BG and the room was on me.

At $10.00 per DVD I hardly call that a profit, the Nat's video at $25.00 after you back out his time, the airfarE, food etc. I hardly call that a profit.

If people are concerned about videos and pictures,maybe they should not host them for all to see free. Although your video's, however Nelson takes them and edits them and adds music and other things to them. This takes time.

Not beating on you Sully, I know you have been a member for a long time, just calling it the way I see it. As for me, it is water under the bridge and no harm was done:cool:

After all the work of putting them (the videos) together and you think $12.00 is making any money for Nelson.:rolleyes:

Get Real man,,,,,if you think thats a profit go for it, make videos,,I will buy them all day for $12.00 so you can get rich also Sully.

Ty

Originally posted by NJTurbo
Sully

You should be ashamed of yourself, you meany.

Nelson took the videos down as people were downloading them and trying to make a profit elsewhere.

Ouch. I wonder what that feels like. :D

I guess I should take mine down. or better yet I will sell you Nelson's 1st 4 videos for $9 + S&H. Like you said, that's no profit :eek:

In all seriousness, I think his videos are nice. I may even buy his BG one................... if I can't find someone to pirate it off of. ;)

Steve,

I sure wish there were some way that we can work something out. I would really hate to stop taking donations since that's why I started making these in the first place, so that people just like you and me to be able to see our cars in a video with music and some art and even some fun stuff at the end. C'mon we're both grown men and I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement where everyones happy. Email me if you have any ideas or would like to talk, Nelson. :)

I think a 3-5 minute video of your car on a DVD that is 25-30 minutes and getting upset is wrong. I would be honored to have my car in one.

Using one persons video and trying to sell it is one thing, however when you are editing and making all kinds of changes and adding music and using various clips is another. Again for $10.00 IMO is a cup of tea and a donut, I am shocked we are even having this talk:rolleyes:

I guess it hits home for me, I spent a weekend with Nelson and he is a great guy and really has a passion for making these videos. IMO I am grateful that we have a member willing to fly 500 miles from home to shoot footage to make all of us video's..It says allot. I know the trip cost him about $750.00 and that was with me picking up the room. So let me see cameras, software, time, energy, DVD'S, Shipping, hardly seems like a profitable business to me.

I think sometimes greed takes over and I understand that. Oh well he is not going to sell these with my car, that is my dime. Hey Nelson cut him in $$ for his 3-5 minute's of fame J/K.

In all seriousness, just let it go man we are all in the same group here:cool:

Sorry but I'm going to have to go with Sully on this one. I mean Nelson if you were worried about people making money off your videos then make them on DVD yourself for cost and sell them. Others will only be able to match your price at the cost of the materials. Also leave them online for those of us who want to just download them. For those who can't they'll look for an alternative such as DVD and when they notice your the cheapest they'll get your DVD. Just make a site and have info on it. I mean it's all for the enjoyment of everybody else. Also you can an area for someone to donate to you for thanking you for the video. That way you will probably get something back for your time. I know I wouldn't mind giving a dollar or two for the nice videos and to help with the hosting.

Originally posted by NJTurbo
I think a 3-5 minute video of your car on a DVD that is 25-30 minutes and getting upset is wrong. I would be honored to have my car in one.

Using one persons video and trying to sell it is one thing, however when you are editing and making all kinds of changes and adding music and using various clips is another. Again for $10.00 IMO is a cup of tea and a donut, I am shocked we are even having this talk:rolleyes:

I guess it hits home for me, I spent a weekend with Nelson and he is a great guy and really has a passion for making these videos. IMO I am grateful that we have a member willing to fly 500 miles from home to shoot footage to make all of us video's..It says allot. I know the trip cost him about $750.00 and that was with me picking up the room. So let me see cameras, software, time, energy, DVD'S, Shipping, hardly seems like a profitable business to me.

I don't care if my car is in the video or not. I already told him he could leave the clips from my site in his 4th video and he has already told me that my videos from bowling green this year are too crappy for his new DVD so I don't know what else the issue is.

Just for the record, I have the above costs and much more for the footage I took at the nationals and put up for everyone to enjoy for free. It just doesn't seem right for someone to just take it, re-package it and profit from it. I see where it is fine when people donate their clips and record their own footage. This is why I would be interested in purchasing his BG dvd because it is footage he recorded and I expect it to be much better that my hurried recordings from the staging lanes while waiting to run. Plus footage of my car that I don't have. But if I bought it, it would not make it right for me to take the clips, reorganize them with some pirated song and resell it.

But like I said, I don't what the issue is now.

S.

I agree with V6Beast.

Bottom line, if someone dont want their video used, it shouldnt be used. Thats it. Nuff said.

Nothing should have even been brought up. You said it yourself GnFlyBy..."a decision that I must respect". I dont see much respect here.

OH MY GOD.......we arent building the titanic here boys,,,,,,,,its a damn video that Nelson is trying to make availible to ALL of us...........Give it a break.

Ty:rolleyes:

In any event, lets put the gasoline can away. We are a small group, no harm done. Let's move on PLEASE:cool:

10-4

Consider it done
surrender2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.