Dog owners, what food?

wilderness , blue. healthy holistic 100% grain free, our mastiff alway's had skin allergies until we put him on this.
only thing is , it's pricey.

Our 11 year old German Shepard developed sever rash and allergies in the past year, so we decided to change dog food brand.

She is now on a Blue Wilderness diet, and it seems the grain-free stuff is a key to how well it has done for her. It has also had a very positive affect on her digestive system, especially since we do NOT have to use the medication from the vet.

Since the dog food "scare" of a few years ago, there is now many brands of dog food that are made from better and more healthy ingredients, and no longer contain "road kill". :(

One visit to the vet MORE than covers the extra cost of a premium food for a year! :)

One visit to the vet MORE than covers the extra cost of a premium food for a year! :)

Ya, tell me about it........last week our daughters Springer somehow got his semen injector (penis) cut about 2.5" down (probably form mounting my border collie that was in heat....He is neutered, though, so go figure????) Talk about BLOOD!!!!! I was on the phone and heard this LOUD YELP out on my back deck and ran out to see what was happening and it looked like a Homicide Scene!!!! Blood everywhere!! Blood splattered on the wall and all over the deck and the poor boy had ran down a couple of steps and stopped and was licking himself (and not just because he can, either;)) I ran down and scooped him up and layed him down on the deck to survey the situation. He was bleeding BAD!! I couldn't see where the cut or injury was as it has slid inside like it is normally, but blood was dripping out at a serious rate. Wrapped him in a towel and had my daughter drive us to the vet. By the time we got to the vet my clothes were SOAKED in blood. Walked into a packed waiting room (after my wife called and told them that we were on our way) People were staring at me in HORROR! I just said "No BIG deal.......It's JUST HIS PENIS!!!! Figured all the guys would then pass out. (I really didn't say that, but wished I had, though.:D) They sedated the poor fella and had a look see. Even under heavy sedation he would flinch every time they pulled the sheathing back to look at it. I had CRAMPS just watching it. MAN, that's gotta hurt!!! It ended up being a cut/tear about 1/2" long and deep enough to require a few stiches. Still don't know exactly how it happened, though. The vet bill was reasonable considering. The female Vet walked in at first and asked what happened. I told her and she looked the poor dog in the eyes and said......."You shouldn't have been doing that!!!" Then giggled. My daughter 'bout passed out when she walked out on the deck and saw the blood. She had to sit with her head between her knees at the vets office. When it happened I couldn't see what happened and had to look to make SURE his penis hadn't been completely YANKED out of him (It WAS bleeding, REMEMBER??) and was hanging out the ass end of my Border Collie. I probably woulda just had to shoot him if that happened. We changed the name of our Border Collie to "Lorena Bobbitt". What a bitch.:D

Damn Ken, that's just too much information! Glad you got it figured and he's recovering... :)

"We changed the name of our Border Collie to "Lorena Bobbitt". What a bitch.:D"

You do, of course, have her sleep somewhere other than your bedroom, yes?:eek:

This is a good and informative thread but what i take away from this is you all care alot about your pets. I like it. Personally i would do about anything for our dogs and i am sure you would to. THAT is what is important i think.

"We changed the name of our Border Collie to "Lorena Bobbitt". What a bitch.:D"

You do, of course, have her sleep somewhere other than your bedroom, yes?:eek:

Nawww.........She sleeps with her nose dang near in my ear. When we first got her she literally tore our living room apart. She had been confined to a small kennel for the first 8 months of her life. The previous owners had bought her for thier 8 yr old son. He played with her for one day and didn't like her. (I didn't ask if his private parts were still intact). So she had minimal human exposure. We brought her home and she had terrible separation anxiety. I came home from work and she had chewed up a nice digital camera, two remote controls, brand new professional hair dryer-in the box, various articles of clothing, magazines, a huge tea plant and planter, a giant Costco toilet paper package and then spread all the above mentioned ingredients into a huge goulosh of a mess. I have a picture I can post if anyone wants to see the carnage. So, we were NOT on a friendly relashionship after that. It took about a month of making SURE we had everything put up before we left. That dog would find new things to tear up everytime we left. But now she is my buddy. Follows me around all day long. She won't leave me alone. On the toilet.......there she is...........inside...there she is.........If my Gordon Setter tries to jump up on the bed, she charges her and "hogs" me all to herself. I think it all changed when I came home and she was acting goofy. I looked at her and I noticed that one of her K9 teeth had puncuted through her lip and she couldn't get it out. I reached up and pulled her lip down and popped her tooth out of it. Yep, pulled the thorn outta the lions paw. Border collies are real entertaining to say the least. She runs like a deer. I haven't taken her to a farm to see if she herds goats or anyting. Smart little thing, though.
I have a video of my Gordon Setter putting on perfume. My wife gets those perfume samples in the mail all the time and my Setter will take one and open it up and lay it out on her bed and carefully roll on it. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a video. Everyone tells me to send it in to AFV and that it would be worth $10,000. Most dogs roll in dead animals and horse sh!t. No, not her......she wants to smell pretty. She doesn't like baths.

She is adorable.

my GS's are alwasy fed IAMS but I have heard that Blue Buffalo is supposed to be good.