Does your wheel spin at idle?

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
i have a te45a and when i had the intake off the compressor wheel didnt spin at idle. when i gave it some throttle it did(naturally). I have about 250miles on new engine and turbo, i dont know if it needs break in time? Car has about 20psi oil at idle. I also switched to xfi so i dont need the MAF anymore thats when i figured i would pop it off and see if was spinning. If i have a exhaust leak whats going to be the best way to find it, sould i just look for carbon deposits?

When I had mine is spun just a little at idle. May still need a little breaking-in as you said. Hope you have atleast an 3500-3600 stall to get this turbo into it's sweet spot :)

BTW - Urrrr gonna love it! I also had this turbo on 3 of 7 Turbo Buick I've owned through out the years..... Happy to hear you got it running.

it doesnt seem bad but i ordered a 3500 pats L/U and I think they didnt stall it high enough, the car has no bottom end power right now. but when it starts to spool up at around 3500 and hits 18 psi it feels pretty good. I'm just pissed that the new trans and converter feel like sh it:mad: :mad: the engine sounds fine and spins like a fukin top

Has your car been tuned yet? I had a real rich fuel issue going on and leaned it out a bit and it started spooling up a lot faster. Also, if you get an RJC manual boost controller it will help with the spool-up. I ran that same stall and ran 11.0 at 129 first time out. I think your combo is a good one, depends on you goal and you will have to tweak it to get the most out of it.

No it hasnt been tuned yet. I have a turbonetics BC in the car. I cant go full throttle because the line psi is set really high, cause the trans was flaring 2-3 shifts, i need to take it back to ESP and have them go over it. I can only go 80% throttle on the fast. Hopefully once i get this trans fixed the car will be a rocket( i dont see anyreason why it wouldnt):rolleyes:

Depends on several things whether it spins at idle including the size of the turbo, what your idle is set at and whether your turbo is journal bearing or water cooled.