Does this happen to you Gents?

Hacksaw

OK, I may get called nasty things by the women out there, but I found & replied to a topic on the Real Olds power board. How many of you Gents have your Lady call for help about a car problem that you:
1. Never can find, or

2. Was a 5 second fix.

Read on:

baddd andy wrote:
"g/f just called me,said the 4 wheel drive on the dodge pickup wont kick in when she puts it in 4 high..

wtf happened?

any ideas?"

blacktiger wrote:
"Andy,

I have come to conclude that problems with the vehicles only happen when our ladies are driving them. It never fails, my wife will say "the ranger is making a funny sound." I will drive it for 2 days, no funny sound present, no problems. We had a Chevy Beratta once, I can not count how many times that car went down (not kidding, it was over 50 times) when my wife was driving it only to have me come get her and the thing would start right up and drive like a champ. It was the weirdest thing. I let my wife drive my 92 Camaro for a week once and the dang thing refused to come out of park. I got in, sure enough, out of park it went.

I told my wife I think she needs to drive a permanent rental car from Hertz, that way they get the constant calls and they can come get her and deal with it. It really got frustrating a few years back because no matter what, the car would NEVER act up when I drove it."

MY reply:

"I showed this to my wife, and she laughed. Yes, this has happened to us MANY time, but about half the time she's right about a problem.

There was the time when the Aerostar won't start, not even crank. Turned out she left the trans shifter in drive! :eek:

But, there was the time she drove the Crown Vic with oil light on! New motor in it, too, but somehow it didn't ruin it. :eek:

Or the funny noise once was just a serpentine belt idler pulley bearing."

Yes, I bounced this off my Wife, so I won't be having to sleep in the shed tonight. :biggrin: