does anyone run traction control?

tyroneveee6

ive been calling cal and cant ever speak to him, i know im buying the xfi sys but is the traction control worth the money and how does it opperate?

cal is always on the road. He was on the plane taxing out when i talked to him a few days ago. Holly is more then knowledgeable about the XFI and will be able to help you out. As for the TC, IMOP depends on how much power your making. The system monitors drive shaft speed as part of the inputs to make the TC function

It measures the rate of change of drive shaft rpm every .1 seconds. If it exceeds the acceleration rate , it will start pulling timing , fuel, and boost. (Not sure in which order though), until the acceleration rate comes back below your set point in the graph. The other mode is PA ITC mode that measures driveshaft rpm over time, so its times based.

ive been calling cal and cant ever speak to him, i know im buying the xfi sys but is the traction control worth the money and how does it opperate?

Norb's explained it pretty well. I wouldn't recommend it for 90% of the Buick guys. If we determine you need it, it will require a driveshaft sensor too.
I'm sorry I wasn't available. I have been on the road continuously. I've been gone since Thursday and just flew in today. Flying out to LSX shootout tomorrow. My cell phone is 321-863-2303

This is my take on it, if you have a 9sec or quicker car, it could be helpful. If you have a severe loss of traction at top end, it could prevent a violent loss of control, by limiting tire spin, which i think is a good idea for safety.