Does anyone make reproduction hood insulation pads?

El Corvino

I know the all black ones are accessible, but does anyone know if a company makes reproduction hood pads? Want a new one for my 87 GN.

Yeah you can buy them new. I think they were being sold through eBay. One of the vendors may have picked them up though. I haven't looked into it much. Even though mine looks like shit I still refuse to spend 6-800 bucks on a hoodliner that is gonna get sprayed with oil, antifreeze, and torn by any item I leave sticking up in the engine compartment.

Yeah you can buy them new. I think they were being sold through eBay. One of the vendors may have picked them up though. I haven't looked into it much. Even though mine looks like shit I still refuse to spend 6-800 bucks on a hoodliner that is gonna get sprayed with oil, antifreeze, and torn by any item I leave sticking up in the engine compartment.

Could not agree more. My main focus right now is the body work and paint. At the rate things are going, matter of time before GM licenses out for someone to make reproductions, so I am in no rush. Just thought I'd ask if anyone had given it a shot.

I understand for those of you who are all hung up on "originality" this idea wouldn't work. But, every town has 20 starving artists. So, why not just have a black one painted with the logo? I know one member (Claude) who had the logo painted right on the underside of his fiberglass hood and it's dead-on. Looks outstanding.

If you wan't one real bad, and time is easier to come by then money. Really you don't even need to be an artist. All you need is patience, a tape measure, a strait edge, and a sharp X-sacto knife. Don't accept anything you do.... until it's right. Make a template and spray it.

"every town has 20 starving artists." That's great..... Also, a great idea! Dennis Kirban used to sell them. I bought one from him in the late 90's. Not sure if he still does though.

Yeah I saw these on Facebook a while back. They looked really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw those! They looked real nice. I'd buy one of those before the shitty hood pad. At least you could clean it and if you dented it you could find someone to fix it.

And here lies the reason people need to skip the Facebook pages/posts and use forums. I can never find anything twice on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if ur restoring a car back to original u will need it. some jus drive around with wat they got then wen they go to a car show they put the original one on and if ur competing with ur car for points if its a mint show car that crappy hood liner u got aint gonna cut it.

its the very first thing ppl see wen they look under ur hood. there is no hiding the fact that u DONT have a 9 hole. ppl don't buy them to daily drive with so I think ur missing the point of an original 9 hole hood liner.

u can buy the 8 hole with no logo right from GM for like $300 or somthn. no need to ship jus order from local dealer and pick up.

BE very Careful there were two people selling"OEM" liners at BG last year and neither were "OEM"
one some one painted the letters on a blank sheet that is stall available .the other had aftermarket letters

just because you can order it from GM does mean its OEM. do u know wat OEM stands for? its wat came original with the car wen it was produced. the part number for the replacement 8 hole is the exact part number of the original but it is not the 9 hole which is OEM.

400 oem with lettering? If they were that cheap I'm betting that they would sell.