Does anyone make non-braided Teflon lined fuel hose?

Cutlass3800

I plan to run stainless 3/8" lines under my car, but I'm running into problems trying to figure out what to do for the flexible hose sections in the engine bay and at the tank.

I want to keep an OEM look so I want to avoid red/blue fittings and SS braided hoses. I know some manufacturers offer black braiding, but apart from aesthetics, I also want to avoid using braided hose if I can because I can't inspect the condition of the hose under the braid. So in order of most desirable to least desirable, I would want: unbraided -> black braiding -> SS braiding.

I'm told that unless i use Teflon lined hose, I should expect my car to smell like it has a perpetual fuel leak whenever it's stored indoors. If that's true, then I definitely want Teflon lined hose.

I was hoping to use the Russell Twist-Lok line of products, but the hose isn't Teflon lined. Aeroquip makes a Teflon lined hose, but it's covered in a shiney SS braid.

Can anyone offer any recommendations for products? Am I off-base with the Teflon-lined thing?

TIA.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I would think that as the motor moved and the braiding flexed, the paint would flake off. Kinda like when people try to spray bomb chrome bumpers... only worse. :tongue:

When I had braided SS lines for my oil cooler I covered them with heat shrink tubing. My local industrial supply store had bulk rolls of large diameter heat shrink tubing that I purchased by the foot.

Or a visit to your local hydraulics shop could get you what you need.

Just a thought...

If you do not prep the surfaces and only use a rattle can to apply the paint, then you deserve to have it peel off.