Does a 255/50/17 fit???

TR6

Hi:

I tried this in the tire forum with lots of lookie-loos but no help, so I thought I would try it here.

I saw a set of 255/50/17 on a nice set of torq thrust type wheels for sale real cheap. I rolled it up to the car (mounted on the wheel, but just sitting on the ground next to the car), and the tire was about to the bottom lip of the wheel opening in the fender. My guess is that they will sit a little lower when actually on the car, and the car may sit a little higher as well, but it seems like they might just be too big. Any ideas? I didn't want to take the time to switch them all over to the car. It is about 20 degrees today. I think they would be fine in the back, but I bet they rub in front. Has anyone tried this size? Better yet, any pictures of them on a car?

Thanks anyone!

It will fit as long as you put it on wheels with proper backspacing. Only takes 5 minutes to swap wheels and make sure. You wouldn't want a 27" tire in the front though.

Edit - Looks like you got plenty of replies in the tire forum so this thread was pretty pointless....

Yup. As soon as I put it here the replies started coming in. Thanks for all the help fellas.