Dodge Stealth TT VS Buick Turbo

buickfreak

I really have a hard time to find guys interested in some action , but a few weeks ago cruising at night , I ran in a Dodge Stealth Double Turbo AWD going my way , so I stuck behind him till the next stop hoping he would be game for a little shot. The guy is on the cell and looked at me with his nose in the air . I said to my wife here's my customer . So we start back at the stop and I gave a shot on the throttle to get him excited . AT the next stop he's right beside me and no more cell in his hand , he seems to be ready to blast me . I whave him with my hand to get ready , I'm already Brake Boosting about 6 pds, I let him start first to give him some hope , then I smack the pedal . The front end lift and the car hooked like Hell with those big Drag Radial and that Hotchkiss Suspension . By the time he realized what happened we had put at least 15 CARS on him. I slowed down for the next stop and waited for him. We pulled the window down and he said, your Car is ***kin fast , he was a good sport guy but he realized who had the REAL MEAN MACHINE.

Now I'm never one to raise the BS flag, but I think maybe you either didnt mean to put in the 1, or the 5..because unless you have a low 11/12 sec GN (which you very well may have) I cant see someone putting 15 cars on one of those..that is if it is racing.
They're somewhat quick, arent they? Depends on the year but I think they run in the area of low 14's stock.
Regardless, nice kill

Yes they do run in the low 14 stock, even close to high 13.

Heres my setup in general :

Stock 3.8 block, steel main caps, heavy port & polish heads, 1.65 roller rockers, Kenne Bell intake port & polish, Kenne Bell Dog House and throttle body 70mm, ATR Stainless Headers, ATR Delta Gate, ATR 3 inch Downpipe, ATR 3 inch single shot, Turbo TE61, Duttweiler Front Mount Intercooler, NOS in the Intercooler , 009 42.5 Injectors, ajustable fuel pressure regulator, Bosch High performance fuel pump with in-line fuel pump

Hotchkiss race suspension upper and lower, 90/10 front 50/50 back, ATR big sway bar, pinion snuber, air bag, Strange axel, 9 inchs Art Carr 3500-3800 stall converter, Art-Carr transmission Super heavy duty build, stock 3.42,stock 215/65/15 front, BF Drag Radials 275/50/15 back

So yeah we can call that a low 11 sec car ;) Remember that in a street race the key to success is the traction :D

Mods coming up :
Carbon or Aluminium Driveshaft
72 lb Injectors Siemens
SMC Alky Kit
3.5 LT1 MAF, Translator+

Alllrighty then, heh looks like ur more than capable of beating a tt stealth by a large amount!
lol
Nice setup, and once again Nice Kill!

Just because a car is capable of running low 14s or high 13s doesn't mean it's going to do it every time.

Especially in a street race. There have been times where I would take off slow or moderately fast because I wasn't sure what the other guy was going to do. If that had been at the strip, those weak launches would have really added time to the ET.

man wish i could launch on the street with 6 psi on drag radials. i even got almost the same suspension. dam things just blow away like any ol radial.

Well veary easy , you have to modulate the throttle to avoid slippage . For sure if you mashe the pedal to the floor everything will spin and you won't go nowhere . ;) Gilles.

Hell my car is stock and it blows away my BFG DR's. Ever ran at the track with your DR's? What kind of 60'?

Remember that in a street race the key to success is the traction

Ironic that you say that about racing an AWD car? :)

Nice kill- tell me more about the Stealth- we have a few members up in your area- I wanna know if it was one of them.

Typically we run 13.8's 1st gen
13.5's 2nd gen with a good driver.

With a K&N and a bleeder valve running 17psi (can you say knock?) I pulled a 13.59 with a 1.96 60'.

Most good drivers will pull 1.7x's all day long without worry. Best non-drag radial 60's we've seen off a 3/S TT is a 1.58 (Khumo 712's (Cheap ass tire)).

We have traction- in your case- the key to winning was a much stronger car!!

You can't call an ;) 11 second car winning a race ALL traction :D

No sorry I dont have any track times yet with the DR on, I'll have some for the upcoming season thats for sure.

Right now on the street I can launch with 7psi without any wheel spin AT ALL , thats with no burnout just lining up and racing. At the track with a good burnout I'm positive I could get close to 10psi and again with no wheel spin AT ALL . It's all in the suspension combo guys ;)

Back to the race I had with the Stealth, rumours are that he's running in the mid to high 13's. When we both launched, he did'nt spin at all, but still I was kind of dissapointed in his start. I'm sure that with a better driver he would of been closer. :D Lets not forget that those cars are kind of heavy (3700-3800). Was still good fun.:p

PS: It was a black TT with a stock look :cool: and he seem to have some braking problems :rolleyes: