Do you think it's quick?

Chromemirrors

Decided to take the car out for a spin the other day. I was just in cruise mode, since my wastegate solenoid was fried (12#'s boost max). While sitting at a light, I see a Mustang pull up next to me. I thought it was a V6 because I didn't hear it pull up. The light turns green and he smokes the tires and starts weaving in and out of traffic--like a jackass. So I lose sight of the guy for a while. Well, about 3 or 4 miles later I get in the turn lane, and he's 3 cars ahead of me. The light changes, and wouldn't ya know it, the 3 cars between us get into the next turn lane. I start to pull up behind him at the next light and he jumps over to the next lane so we're side by side at the light.
He rolls his window down:
Him: Nice car, what year is it?
Me: 87
Him: Looks like it just came off the show room.
Me: thanks.
Him: Mine's an 88.
Me:(trying to be polite) Nice
Him: Do you think your cars quick?
Me: It's down on boost right now, but it's still pretty quick.
About this time the light turns green and he punches it and pulls out about a car length before I punch mine. I ran it up to about 65 or 70 and put 2 car lengths on him and was still pulling him. About this time I hit the brakes and let him catch up. As he pulls next to me I just shrug my shoulders, he waved and drove off looking for someone else to try and pick on.

Well at least he was cool about getting beaten, a lot of folks arent. Just curious, but why were you down at 12 psi? Accidently toss a tank of 87 in there? Good kill.

I was down on boost because my wastegate solenoid was bad. I now have a new one on, so no more 12# races.:D And yeah, he was cool about it. Don't see that very often.

I raced a guy i work with today he has a stock 96 mustang gt, in the parking lot, not much of a race, but enough to make me stop saying bad things about mustangs. I barely held him off, i probably would have pulled on him if we had more room but i was really suprised how well it ran. we had a little burnout contest fun, but embearising, i 've never seen a stock car be able to burn rubber like that before, it looked like someting you would expect from a 9 secound car, thick white smoke eveywhere. i had stickier tires than him too but i was pretty amazed at what that ford can do.

Originally posted by denn454
I raced a guy i work with today he has a stock 96 mustang gt, in the parking lot, not much of a race, but enough to make me stop saying bad things about mustangs. I barely held him off, i probably would have pulled on him if we had more room but i was really suprised how well it ran. we had a little burnout contest fun, but embearising, i 've never seen a stock car be able to burn rubber like that before, it looked like someting you would expect from a 9 secound car, thick white smoke eveywhere. i had stickier tires than him too but i was pretty amazed at what that ford can do.

HAhaha, you should have seen my old non-posi '97 police crown vic at the track... I stepped up to the burnout box at Kennedale and the announcer said "and uh, runnign in the pepsi lane, we seem to have part of the Kennedale Police Department" (he was joking). I proceeded to powerbrake for a good 15-20 seconds and put up a solid wall of smoke about 20 feet wide by 50 feet tall. I was trailing smoke all the way down the track when I ran, it was hilarious. Burnout contests are the best events in the world, ever. :D

non-posi, i thought that was standard on police cars, or is that just chevys? either way there great for putting up a wall of smoke and leaving a dark black tire mark, just one but still cool.