Do you recycle your oil? Number for info inside.

NO, I just dump it in a hole in the back yard. I figure the ground will filter it, and by the time anyone finds it, it will be ready to be processed and used for fuel in the spaceships that everyone will be flying to work by then.

Actually I just accumulate it in my basement. Eventually I bring a case or two back when I buy oil.

Brian

sometimes when changing trans and motor oils i dump it all in one container and take to autozone...served!

i thought about dumping my oil in a hole in the ground but i am in a somewhat crowded neighborhood and on top of a hill...they may be taking showers with oil for all i know if i did that :)

I do recycle now. But, back in the day it was much more convenient just to dump it in the weeds.

There have been studies that proved trees grew 2-300% faster with a steady diet of 10w-30. They seem to like Castrol better than Vavoline. Go figure.
I take it to Auto Zone in 5 gallon buckets.

Seriously, I used to use it to spray down the gravel driveway at my in-laws house to keep the dust down.

Oh no, now I have greenpeace wackos outside my door! Quick, where is my pressure washer? :D

James

Don't know if any of you care to help out some of your local "wrenches" but waste oil furnaces are becoming rather popular here. I heat both the shop and my house with waste oil furnaces. They do have a pretty decent appetite, so I know how much I appreciate good used oil - or you could dump it in a hole in the yard!

Does anyone around the Los Angeles are use these waste oil heaters? I have a lots of used oil and would rather give it to a guy trying to heat his house than to Kragen.
Come to think of it, I do not think these things are even legal for use in California.