do you guys get jerked around when trying to do business on here?

gofastr

LOSE2ME
I've been looking for a set of used GN'1s and got 2 replies from members, so i stopped looking in the hopes of negotiating for 1 of these sets. Almost 2 weeks later, both of the damn guys started ignoring my emails and pm's. The first guy decided that he wanted to KEEP his, and the second never really had a set FOR SALE!! they were on a car he planned to sell, and was gonna sell the heads off of it to me if he couldn't sell it, but he never told any of this to me until the end. So now i've wasted almost 2 wks of time negotiating on a set of heads i was never going to get. wtf? Is that how everybody does business here??? i have done good business with precision splicer so far, we'll see when i get my parts. not gonna name the other two time wasters, but you know who you are, and you guys suck. its getting close to spring time, so only little time left to finish my car. I need all the time I can get. My .02

Don't sweat it and consider yourself lucky! They aren't all they are cracked up to be....or is that they are cracked up as soon as you get them.... I mean watch out for cracks....don't do crack:D You get the idea. Too much bad history for me with some excuses to go with them. A good set of big valve irons should do most just fine. Hopefully the new TA heads will have all the downfalls addressed and your money will be better spent there.

Window Shopping In The Parts Forum

Some people like to window shop in the parts forum.Somebody was looking for some interior parts.I replied to the thread saying I had what they were looking for.Later I recieved an email from that person saying they wanted all of the parts.I went out in the garage and got everything together took pics and emailed him with pics and said make an offer.No reply.Emailed him again the next day and said if your still interested make an offer. No reply.To hell with him I could get twice as much on Ebay for it.:mad: I've also noticed other people relisting parts lately that wanna be buyers backed out of.

lots of "tire kicker's" :p ....typical responce "I have been lookin for these parts for a while...now how much do ya need??? $100???:eek: ..oh I was thinkin $40"....:mad: ...then ya have the pic collector's....I bought a dig camera just for these guy's:rolleyes: ...
Now on the other hand we all want to buy parts cheap ...BUT ya have to remember you have labor an takin off an storin this junk. Case in point ...the red GN for sale...guy wants $5k for it...lot of $$$$ ? I didnt think so BUT obviouslly most guy's in here do. I'd piece the thing out... And then ya have the guy's who want to save all the GN's out there...Face it we need parts cars to keep our "clunker's" goin :p Some cars arn't worth fixing!!!
and people ask how I got the name "Grumpy":cool: I dont understand there problem :D

I GUESS THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PARTS FOR SALE AND PARTS WANTED SECTION. AT LEAST 95% OF THE PARTS I'M CONTACTED ABOUT, THE BUYER FOLLOWS THROUGH WITH THE PURCHASE. :)

I DON'T RESPOND TOO MUCH IN THE PARTS WANTED, BUT WHEN I HAVE, NOTHING HAPPENS. :confused: TAKES ALL KINDS.......

I think it must be a net thing. A couple of years ago I was looking to purchase a GN. I even placed a wanted add. One idiot comes to mind. I will not name any names here. Anyhow this car was going to be coming home from the body shop. I waited for over a month. I even asked if I could see it at the shop. I seriously think he did not own the car.
After I did get my car locally I responded to some parts for sale ads. We agreed on a price. All I had to do was wait for this idiot to tell me the shipping costs. Been over 3 years now:rolleyes: If I can not find parts through a vendor I try to buy locally