Do you drive your TR in foul weather?

Do you drive your TR in foul weather?

• Yes, a little rain and snow won't hurt!

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • NO! Only sunshine touches my TR!

Votes: 47 60.3%

• Total voters

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
Just as the title says. Do you drive your TR in foul weather, or is it a trailer queen?

I try not to, but last year I got stuck in a major down pour about 20 miles away from home. I was white knuckling it all the way home because of the dr's and the hp haha.

I would rather not but I have driven it in the rain when I drove it daily.

The first couple months i had my car, I would drive it in the snow, had 275 tires in rear with minimal tread. It was fun to say the least, plus my car has rust holes so I dont have to worry about it being Cherry.

I don't drive it in the snow/salt and won't leave the house in it if it's raining but don't let clouds or rain in the forecast keep me from driving it either. If I get caught in a shower I just take it easy due to the DRs but it drives OK as long as I'm reasonable.

My Buick hasn't seen any water except that from my hose to wash it. Garaged unless there's clear skies. No trailer though.

My silver 87 limited gets parked during the heavy snow days, not too bad here with 5-6 inches of snow on the road.

If it gets worse than that, i drive the 4x4.

It has 111k and still no rust :)

BW

In the Bay Area it never gets that bad.
However I drive her to work every with with skinnies and MT DRs.

If there was a more than 10% chance of rain, snow, hail, my cars slept under the cali car cover till the threat passed.;)

My husband and I keep our GN in a garage with a car cover on it (keeps the cats off of it) :). We try to only take it out on the weekends when the weather is decent - when we went to the Burlington meet, it started to rain and we thought "Dang, do our wipers even work?" (fortunately, they did...barely) - the car had never seen rain before. It ran a little squirrley in the curvy, rainy roads especially with a shift kit (hee hee). But we had a blast!!

I drove my limited every day for 5 years in the chicago area rain or snow.I worked for midas at the time so I lifted it up every day and washed bottom of car and hosed out rear frame.I am paying for it now:eek: The car was not that bad considering what I put it through. the frame was fine except where bushings sit some of the holes were a little bigger.brian saved the day with his repair washers for that one.

when I first got my GN I drove it everyday rain or shine, now after 5 years I only drive the GN on nice sunny days. For the past 2 years the car stays in the garage in storage 10 out of 12 months.

I usually dont drive my car in inclement weather but it has seen snow and rain. It's no trailer queen either.

Every day. :smile:

What's a little snow and rain? :confused: :p :biggrin:

Never seen a garage either.

When the frame breaks it's time to start on another car. ;)

4 blizzaks work just fine in the winter. :cool:

I try not to, but last year I got stuck in a major down pour about 20 miles away from home. I was white knuckling it all the way home because of the dr's and the hp haha.

Ya, I know the feeling. Extreamly puckered all the way home.

No rain, no snow and no trailor queen. Its not my daily driver any more so it only comes out when the weather is clear. You will never see my car on the street dirty, EVER!!:D

I have driven in the rain but wont in snow due to salting of the roads. I do drive it allot in the summer.

Only on Fridays if it's nice. Sometimes on Saturdays when the rodders get together at Sonic.