Do the Math for 1/4 times?

84T-typeMike

Yes I am Crazy
Hi,I was wanting to know how to figure 1/4 mile times on paper.I have heard that you start with tire diameter.1 revolution will get you this far down the track.ETC.ETC.!SEE I don't know how to figure it out.Is there a way to figure out what tire and gearing will get you what you want.FOR example,My car Max HP is at 4000 RPM.Seems to me I want to be crossing the finish line at my max HP.Please can anyone steer me in the right direction?Thanks!

Originally posted by 84T-typeMike
Calculators only keep you stupid.They teach you nothing.But thanks anyhow!:D

14.3 1/4 @ 98 mph

Calculators can help you get to your goals by trying different setups to get the most out of your car.

Original question was "How to" on "Paper".I appreciate the links to the calculators,I understand they can be beneficial.The calculators are programmed with a fomula that can be written on "Paper".So NO NEED to feel you must poke fun at my 14.3@98.I guess you tried to imply I must be dumb.Right?After all I said "calculators keep you stupid"Coming from the dumb guy who can't get his car faster?Sheesh!

http://www.tciauto.com/tech_info/calculators.htm#8

:cool:
If you would look at the calculator page it shows the formula at the bottom of each one.. Therefore you will gain that much more knowledge of the formulas. Don't know if you even looked or not.
Just trying to lead you to the information you asked for.

Tire Height = (Rearend Ratio * MPH * 336.136 * Trans Ratio * Conv Slip%) / RPM

1/4 mile equations, HP calculators, and ET calculators are about as valuable to tuning and selecting components for your car as a warm bucket of hamster vomit.

The only way to find out what combination of parts is going to yeild the best mph/ET in your ride, is trial and error at that track. Of course you can start by using the experience of others to point you in the right direction.

Also, if your running out of HP @ 4000rpm, then there might be something wrong in your fuel system preventing you from making power to 5000rpm like you should.

Cliff

N/A Regal SINGLE exhaust

Lose that and skip the math:rolleyes: