Do The Ecm Swap Now!!!

Twins

Wanna Trade Eyeglasses ?
Read the title then commit it to memory...then spend the $ and do it.

After 7 years of fighting poor driveabilty including (all 84-5 ecm users will know this well) stumble at tip in, missing, rich at idle-lean WOT, and overall crappy performance, it's gone. Almost like a magic elf came along and waved his wand-presto- a nice driving car.

Imagine pulling into a parking space smoothly, or letting off the throttle and not having the car buck against the converter. All possible with the new ECM.

How about no more "sorry not possible with the 84-5 ECM" line from your favorite chip burner.

I put it off for years thinking any $ spent better make this thing go faster.......lesson learned.

I have learned a couple things as my 32nd b-day passed a week ago, it takes a LONG time to get over a hang over, and listen your friend who recommended this swap two years ago.

Just a little advice from your Uncle Christian.:cool:

Told you so Chris..... Glad it's running better now you can start getting 12's with your car as well. You will love this swap, the car just runs better and easier to tune and keep up. I know it seemed like a pain to do but wasn't it worth it... Glad to see things are looking up in your neighborhood as well. See you at the Track... :cool:

My t-type runs incredible after doing the swap and putting in Red's 93 chip. Listen to Twins if you are still running the old ecm.

Did my ECM swap and all around car characteristics were improved!
Even w/ a chip designed for an intercooled car I ran 13.70's this weekend:D
(Really need to order a chip!)

last week i swapped to an 87 ECM/MAF/ScanMaster2/and caspers thumbwheel and the car seems to be running better everyday, i still need it tuned judging from the scanmaster but its a whole new car, the idle is as smooth as can be, no up and down, no hesitation under heavy throttle....

whats wierd is if i put the thumbwheel to stock setting #2 it has a up/down idle, but if i put it to the 1st performance setting #3 it rides much nicer???? oh well, no complaints....

now all i need is the MAT hooked up to get ris of this damn SES light and also hook up an electric fan while im at it:)

What will I need to do this to my car? Read on GNTTYPE but that guy changed over the wiring harness and all. I have a 87 electric fan I plan to use with one of casper's wiring kits. Know I can find a computer in the local you pull it junkyard, do U have to change the harness also?

no, for computer control, add 1 wire into the harness.. e-z

the onlything you need is ecm and a mat and a maf.. or if you can find someone to make you an 84 maf chip.. then just the ecm and mat.

best bet would be to get a xlator and ls1 / lt1 maf..

best bet would be to get a xlator and ls1 / lt1 maf..
Isn't that about $500 for the two? So the wire is for the mat? When I get the ECM should I pull a pin/wire from the plug on the car I get the ECM from to use on my plug? Anywhere online to tell me where to put the pin? Thanks for any help, I need it, :p Kevin

Translator is the best bet - but if you don't want to spend the extra $$$ the 86-87 maf works just fine.

Twins' car drives damn near flawless - and i've been treating it like a _____ ;)

$500 umm no

translator is like 150 or less on the forsale boards.. im pretty sure its like 150 new.. you dont need a plus.

you can get a ls1 maf for like 50 bucks on the ls1.com forums..

i forget which pin but just cut off the whole connector and slip it in your pocket... check gnttype.org for the pin out on the ecm i know its on there somewhere.

How u like this...

I've done the swap but can get my chip from Scott231 'till AFTER Bowling Green.

I have Blue Tops and its the only thing I need to make it run now.

Anyone got a speedy chip solution / where I could get one ASAP ?